Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-03-2015, 07:44   #1

How Do You Let Go?

There's a boat my heart wants but my brain tells me to run away. It's been neglected, even forgotten and it needs a lot of work... but it has great bones, great potential and I can't let it go. The moment I stepped aboard, like being away for years, I was home.

We've looked at a lot of nice boats, but I keep being drawn back to the "bad girl." This boat is the "bad girl" because she's like the one your parents told you will be nothing but trouble. And even if you know they are right, you can't get her out of your mind.

She was all but forgotten when, a couple of months back, I found out the owner dropped the price. And back I came. I looked at the pictures and videos I took, remembered the times I was aboard her, and dreamed about sailing her into a new port - again and again.

Common sense won over and I was about to forget her, for the third time. Then I heard the price dropped again. With the gravitational pull of a black hole, I started getting drawn back in once more. Three time's a charm?

Once again, I pulled out the arsenal of logical reasons why I need to forget about her and it started working. Then my partner, weakened by a mean winter that won't go away, said, "Maybe we should just put in an offer and get the hell out of here!" My knees buckled, my head spun round, I heard the Sirens' sweet voices calling me back.

I've called out to Amphitrite, the Goddess of the Sea, and begged her to end this suffering. I'm still waiting for a reply.