Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > The Sailor's Confessional
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2016, 07:30   #61

Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

Over 12 years ago, I was living aboard my sailboat on the Chesapeake and looking for a woman on match. I found many that went sailing with me then, but all turned out to be short term until I met a woman that touched my very soul. We stayed together for the next 11 years and sailed the Chesapeake until her health kept her from the sailing. I lost her this year and started the match thing again, but now getting women to go out for even a day sail is a lot harder. Maybe an age thing being older or possibly my income is not what it once was, but it is different today.
lancelot9898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 07:41   #62
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
Maybe if you stop bashing you'd have better luck. Any thread that discusses relationships you bash.
You do add a lot to the forum zee , but back off with the bashing already, it's counter active.
Dick Tate ?.. really ? Take a pill 😴

ha h aha ha ha so you know not the difference between discussion and bashing--is why you dont meet anyone worthwhile. hah ah ah ah aha ha
discussion is based on over 55 years of experience as an adult human being--you got that kind of experience yet?? until you do--try wearing the shoes of others before you arbitrarily decide someone bashing when they discussing.
observation is an important tool. try using it.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 07:42   #63

Boat: bavaria, 49 ft. sailboat

So many people live alone after spouses pass for 20-30 years. Not by choice, I am sure. We need more older dating sites.

Don't understand women/men not wanting to go out for a at least a day sail. You would think as they get older they would want to have more/variety of experiences. Kind of 'grab the moment' as you don't know how many you will have left. Count yourself lucky when they pass on the sail; you probably wouldn't want to end up with a spouse that didn't enjoy new adventures anyway.

Don't look to hard and make something that isn't there. I am a firm believer in fate. Timing is everything and sometimes can't be explained.
In Training is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 07:51   #64

Boat: O'Day 28
pirate Re: Dating sites for sailors looking for companionship and love

Quote:
Originally Posted by In Training View Post
So many people live alone after spouses pass for 20-30 years. Not by choice, I am sure. We need more older dating sites.

Don't understand women/men not wanting to go out for a at least a day sail. You would think as they get older they would want to have more/variety of experiences. Kind of 'grab the moment' as you don't know how many you will have left. Count yourself lucky when they pass on the sail; you probably wouldn't want to end up with a spouse that didn't enjoy new adventures anyway.

Don't look to hard and make something that isn't there. I am a firm believer in fate. Timing is everything and sometimes can't be explained.
Applause for your earlier post!!!

I had to back off recently from a woman who refused to do email and was vehemently anti-smart phone ... really wasn't mentally flexible enuff to embrace modern comms. Never got her aboard but really didn't need to. Some Luddite might think she's the best thing since ... you know.
Blue Crab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 07:52   #65
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

more women would go out for day sails IFF the men asking were not bligh in actuality.
just observations, folks...
y'all make great entertainment
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 07:52   #66
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
ha h aha ha ha so you know not the difference between discussion and bashing--is why you dont meet anyone worthwhile. hah ah ah ah aha ha
discussion is based on over 55 years of experience as an adult human being--you got that kind of experience yet?? until you do--try wearing the shoes of others before you arbitrarily decide someone bashing when they discussing.
I know the difference zeehag. I didnt see it as discussing either. It came across as a bitter rant.

Now if you would like to discuss your feelings, because others observe differently, that would be nice.

What is not nice is to ridicule someone for not having a companion. You know better than that.

weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 08:04   #67

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
Well zee we will then agree to disagree. Observation is not verbal by it's simple definition.
Arbitrarily yet you decided I meet no one worthwhile? Take your own advice for a change of pace perhaps ?
Name calling and bashing you excell at, whether coarse jesting or not , whatever you call it is the same, hahahaha.
Yah and and I got that experience by the way.
You are where you are because you like it just fine. There's no need to drag down the rest to that level or up to that level as you are sure to point out.
So be it as it may.
Those high heels are for tightening the calves and pumping up the ass, such fine sexist tools are not they ? Lol lmaorof
I like the cruel shoes on someone else, certainly women or men do not buy those shoes to make holes and pound nails.lol
Cmon zee put on a pair for us! Hahahaha
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 08:47   #68
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to weavis

Removed posts.

Time to move on.
weavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 09:00   #69

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36

Thanks but don't need no self help crap.
It's called self do,diy, FYI,like you preach too .
I don't need no nurse , hahahaha, that's funny haha.
Love my teachers, when they teach and not condescension.
Self righteous ness sucks biggggger time.
At this point I'm going to bugger off this thread, nuff said , no need to belabor or beleaguer the point.
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 09:38   #70

Boat: Freedom 38

I think the OP was asking about dating sites....not why some of us are single. Match and OKCupid (which is free) probably have the most members. For these to work, it's best to meet and not spend a lot of time emailing or agonizing over profiles. Just make sure you're very specific about your desires for a sailing partner and don't get too wrapped up in why people don't respond. Just move on. For sailing specifically, I suggest trying singleandactive or the plethora of "adventure seeking" date sites. In addition to the time involved meeting and getting to know online people, you have to be willing to be vulnerable for it to happen easily and that can be hard to do for many females, especially those who are independent and managing on their own terms. Many of us are probably also single for reasons of attitude and a hard past. It's hard to make yourself vulnerable after a certain age....
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 14:45   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
I think the OP was asking about dating sites....not why some of us are single. Match and OKCupid (which is free) probably have the most members. For these to work, it's best to meet and not spend a lot of time emailing or agonizing over profiles. Just make sure you're very specific about your desires for a sailing partner and don't get too wrapped up in why people don't respond. Just move on. For sailing specifically, I suggest trying singleandactive or the plethora of "adventure seeking" date sites. In addition to the time involved meeting and getting to know online people, you have to be willing to be vulnerable for it to happen easily and that can be hard to do for many females, especially those who are independent and managing on their own terms. Many of us are probably also single for reasons of attitude and a hard past. It's hard to make yourself vulnerable after a certain age....
C'mon G, you edited out the funny part.
Old 25-10-2016, 16:48   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
C'mon G, you edited out the funny part.
Umm, so you read it before it got edited? Otherwise, not sure what was the funny part. Truth be told, I had considered using our new word of the day, dicktate. That was quite clever, but nothing came to mind.
Old 25-10-2016, 16:52   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamayun View Post
Umm, so you read it before it got edited? Otherwise, not sure what was the funny part. Truth be told, I had considered using our new word of the day, dicktate. That was quite clever, but nothing came to mind.
I laughed out loud at "pathetically single."
Old 25-10-2016, 17:16   #74

Boat: 11meter Power catamaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkJ View Post
I think married people belittle many single people.

Its not the places. It's the fool internet, TV and legal system & expectations that have ruined it.

I won't settle for second best.
Nor will I risk losing the money that lets me freely travel for the rest of my life.

Some gay people are not gay 'genetically' but prefer it as there is less hassle with a same sex relationship than with the horrendous angst of the supposed dating 'scene'.

This forum is despicable in the way it treats single people.
Its despicable in the way it treats most people who advertise for crew positions.

I have complained about it numerous times. Each time to be denigrated by Moderators.

If forums like this that deal with people have no idea, married people have no idea, the law has no idea, and TV &media are in dream land, how do you expect single people not to feel like Zee has expressed and I feel?
downunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2016, 17:42   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Crab View Post
I laughed out loud at "pathetically single."
Hmm, yes; I had actually meant to write pathologically, but thought it best to not denigrate myself further. Being single is a tough life! You have to: make all the decisions yourself, resist the urge to travel whenever it suits you, try not to join too many fun/active groups, constantly put yourself out there so you're meeting new and interesting people, and not blow off work too much whenever you desire to sail. Most married/coupled people I know have a hard time doing any one of these things together. However, I'm sure they're having sex more often than I am so I suppose it all balances out in the end

Tags
sail