Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Cruising News & Events
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19-08-2016, 22:21   #76

Boat: 1969 Columbia28, 1984/2016 Horstman TriStar36
Re: Zika and adult brain damage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV DestinyAscen View Post
I think zika will definitely hurt the tourism industry - but I think based on the evidence, zika is one of many diseases to be studied and being reasonably prudent about (e.g. if you're immune compromised, elderly, infant/toddler, pregnant or looking to become pregnant). Otherwise - zika is less threatening to a healthy adult than lymes, denge, west nile.

Reasonable caution of avoiding being bitten by mosquito (who enjoys being bitten anyhow?) should suffice.
Look at the other end of the spectrum of instead of fear mongers.
Zika EATS YOUR BRAIN, warn scientists in the latest Zika fear mongering campaign to sweep the media - NaturalNews.com
And a plethora of other articles here with useful links.
Nutrition, not more poisons, useless vaccines, Monsanto chemicals😆
thruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 22:24   #77
Marine Service Provider

My political speech. When I was a kid every summer we were bombed by low flying planes spraying DDT, and so was much of the rest of the world. The result was mosquito-borne diseases were nearly wiped out world-wide. Then the Environmental Protection Agency, the Center for Disease Cover-up (er, Control), the World Health Organization and other environmental wackos organizations decided it was dangerous to humans and animals so it was banned. You’re damn right it was dangerous, that’s because it actually worked, unlike the watered down crap they sell to day as insecticide. Check the following links, a little hyperbolic perhaps but the stats aren’t far off. Millions have died because of this ban. But, but, but for a fifty cent donation you can send a mosquito net to some poor African kid. Right. Wake up people the bureaucrats are trying to kill us all.

https://www.21stcenturysciencetech.c...umm02/DDT.html
jmschmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 22:29   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
To paraphrase a bit of a trite saying -"First they came for the mosquitos but I wasn't one so I did not speak up. Then they came for the bats. Then for the rats. Then..."

One of these days we humans will realize that often, if not always, in the long run, the most humane thing to do is to let nature take its course. That way we don't end up with 5-10% of the completely healthy population taking care of the rest of 90-95%.
A little research and we can find out who generated gmo mosquitos and then released them in an environment to produce false propaganda for the vaccine big pharma corps...
A conspiracy, not a conspiracy theory...
And the CDC is hardly the answer.
Old 19-08-2016, 22:41   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruska View Post
A little research and we can find out who generated gmo mosquitos and then released them in an environment to produce false propaganda for the vaccine big pharma corps...
A conspiracy, not a conspiracy theory...
And the CDC is hardly the answer.
Don't think it's any specific conspiracy. More like your run of the mill annual manufactured media hysteria meant to keep certain agencies and companies/industries in business. Not to mention "the war on this and on that" approach to every perceived problem. Straight out of "1984" playbook. Only adjusted to influencing 21st century feeble millennial minds.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 22:45   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmschmidt View Post
My political speech. When I was a kid every summer we were bombed by low flying planes spraying DDT, and so was much of the rest of the world. The result was mosquito-borne diseases were nearly wiped out world-wide. Then the Environmental Protection Agency, the Center for Disease Cover-up (er, Control), the World Health Organization and other environmental wackos organizations decided it was dangerous to humans and animals so it was banned. You’re damn right it was dangerous, that’s because it actually worked, unlike the watered down crap they sell to day as insecticide. Check the following links, a little hyperbolic perhaps but the stats aren’t far off. Millions have died because of this ban. But, but, but for a fifty cent donation you can send a mosquito net to some poor African kid. Right. Wake up people the bureaucrats are trying to kill us all.

https://www.21stcenturysciencetech.c...umm02/DDT.html
And DDT also wreaked havoc on your water quality and every bird and reptile reproduction system known.
Do you know thousands died building the Panama Canal, educated and laborer alike. The mosquitoes , one breed in particular, were culprit . Do some diligent research and find out how that problem was effectively remedied to complete the canal with less loss of life.
Also research field studies done in Kenya on how garlic oil did the job. But big pharma don't sell garlic oil, they sell chemicals for bigger profits. Yup!
Now check out some essentials oils that can help in your fight against skeeters.
And research thieves oil and its history.
Research the history of silver.
Educate the masses against corporate fear mongers.
Old 19-08-2016, 22:48   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Time O25 View Post
Don't think it's any specific conspiracy. More like your run of the mill annual manufactured media hysteria meant to keep certain agencies and companies/industries in business. Not to mention "the war on this and on that" approach to every perceived problem. Straight out of "1984" playbook. Only adjusted to influencing 21st century feeble millennial minds.
You don't think so, but did you actually do the research ?
I'll bet not.
Old 19-08-2016, 22:59   #82

Quote:
I'll bet not.
It would not matter to me if it is a "wide spread conspiracy" or 2-3 planted stories to major wires to get the hysteria going. The fact that people are not thinking clearly when reacting to these stories is more important as it shows already a very low level of cerebral activity among the general public. So may be the reports that zika severely affects the brain are true after all.

PS Our society has a long history of being out of whack with the medical facts. Witness criminalization of natural substances with long history of benign use and on the other hand politicization of clearly medical conditions affecting the public health (AIDS, severe mental illnesses, etc) and being afraid to deal with them under the standard medical protocol. So that instead of medically required quarantines and preventive measures to stem these diseases from spreading we end up with more of a problem in the long run by singing kumbaya and being afraid to offend powerful political lobbies instead of dealing with these diseases just as we would with ebola, TB or some such non-politicized illness.
Island Time O25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2016, 23:32   #83

Quote:
I'll bet not.
I do agree with your run of the mill hysteria . If re-enforces the 'follow the money' research attitude. Also the feeble minds relating to the dumbing down of the world populations. I should have added this in the previous post.
Old 20-08-2016, 03:29   #84
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoingWalkabout View Post
I read somewhere that AIDS came from cross species sex with a monkey...
It would be highly unlikely that SIV could have made it's way from monkeys into people through sexual contact. The chances of a person being capable of having sex with a monkey (through intercourse, giving oral sex, etc.) is highly unlikely. If you see the size difference between humans and monkeys, and the behaviour of monkeys (either in zoos or in nature), you would see quite well that the possibilities of sexual intercourse or oral sex with monkeys is realistically very unlikely.

“Scientists identified a type of chimpanzee in West Africa as the source of HIV infection in humans. They believe that the chimpanzee version of the immunodeficiency virus (called simian immunodeficiency virus or SIV) most likely was transmitted to humans and mutated into HIV when humans hunted these chimpanzees for meat and came into contact with their infected blood...”
Where did HIV come from? | The AIDS Institute

Then, there’s the vaccine hypothesis ➥ The Origin of AIDS and HIV May Not Be What You Have Learned

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 08:54   #85

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowingCs View Post
And that in turn will make boat prices plummet. As I'm about to buy a boat and we have the price negotiated, that would suck for me.

~ Following Cs ~
If the prices are coming down, wouldn't that be good for you? If a contract has been signed then it might be too late. If not, and if the prices are coming down, you should be able to get a better deal.

If you can't get a better price, that still may not be an issue. If the boat was a good boat, then you will still enjoy it. One rarely buys a boat as an investment (charters being a notable exception). One normally buys it for their use and enjoyment. If however you were planning on selling if in a couple of years then you may have to make some adjustments.
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 11:35   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
It would be highly unlikely that SIV could have made it's way from monkeys into people through sexual contact. The chances of a person being capable of having sex with a monkey (through intercourse, giving oral sex, etc.) is highly unlikely. If you see the size difference between humans and monkeys, and the behaviour of monkeys (either in zoos or in nature), you would see quite well that the possibilities of sexual intercourse or oral sex with monkeys is realistically very unlikely.

“Scientists identified a type of chimpanzee in West Africa as the source of HIV infection in humans. They believe that the chimpanzee version of the immunodeficiency virus (called simian immunodeficiency virus or SIV) most likely was transmitted to humans and mutated into HIV when humans hunted these chimpanzees for meat and came into contact with their infected blood...”
Where did HIV come from? | The AIDS Institute

Then, there’s the vaccine hypothesis ➥ The Origin of AIDS and HIV May Not Be What You Have Learned
HI. Nice to hear from you. Good research on your part. By the way, I was joking with my comment to Salty Monkey.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 11:38   #87

https://www.yahoo.com/news/zika-viru...19.html?ref=gs

Paris (France) (AFP) - The Zika virus, already linked to brain damage in babies, can also cause a serious brain infection in adult victims, French researchers warned Thursday.
GoingWalkabout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2016, 13:25   #88

Boat: Outremer 51

Human trials on a Zika vaccine began this month.

The Race for a Zika Vaccine - The New Yorker
Cayuse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2016, 00:30   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going Walkabout View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/zika-viru...19.html?ref=gs

Paris (France) (AFP) - The Zika virus, already linked to brain damage in babies, can also cause a serious brain infection in adult victims, French researchers warned Thursday.
Please read
Zika HOAX exposed by South American doctors: Brain deformations caused by larvicide chemical linked to Monsanto; GM mosquitoes a 'total failure' - NaturalNews.com
Old 21-08-2016, 00:55   #90

Boat: Westerly Sealord

So here I am, slowly recovering from my ebolaphobia and now it looks like I may come down with zikaphobia..

Seriously... Monsanto have a lot to answer for in Argentina and elsewhere.