Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-02-2011, 06:56   #46
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khagan1227 View Post
To Boatman61: From what I’ve read from you, I doubt you’d put yourself in the position to have to worry about the legal systems of the countries you visit.
LOL..... what I recommend and how I actually live could be 2 wildly diverse things...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 09-02-2011, 07:00   #47

Boat: In the hunt again, unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
LOL..... what I recommend and how I actually live could be 2 wildly diverse things...
Oh, are you a retired MP or part of the Royal family??

If I remember correctly from my last visit to Portugal, the Gendarmeries carry machine guns. That tends to put a damper on one's wildest activities.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:50   #48

Boat: Custom 41' Steel Pilothouse Cutter
On top of that, the Portuguese Coast Guard is in fact the Portuguese Navy. Locked, and would imagine, loaded.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:18   #49

Boat: a sailing boat
Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
sad to see a great guy put on trial by the media,convicted by a kangaroo court in a micky mouse country.

seems like a similar thing is happening to "assange" see wiki leaks.

well done new zealand.

hans and i in happier times
Just that you are friends with that guy does not mean NZ is a mickey mouse country.

I have been there and, at that time, it was not.

The trial was not 'by media' as you said by by the court of law. At least this is what the media report.

barnie
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33   #50
cruiser

world cort exists, it is jus ineffective... prisoners in foriegn countries can use RED cross or thier local embassys to advoacate for them...

and jdge judy/media use is/will get some support as well, depending on the person, the case, the situation, etc... The higher profile the person in question the more media attention and sympathy it will attract...

and based on the laws of large numbers, I would imagine it would be sufficient to get substantial and sizable contributions to his defense...

I would love to see a movie of this guy and or this situation... it does sound movie of the week material...
Old 09-02-2011, 11:57   #51
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
bergovoy try Wharram Builders and Friends - A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts lots of good footage

barnakiel the reference micky mouse and kangaroo were towards south africa.

sarcasm aimed at nz,due to the fact that 6 years in a sa jail probably equates to a death sentence,and they could have held him on humanitarian grounds,especialy as he was a swiss national.......
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11   #52
Armchair Bucketeer

Who knows what really happened. For me a conviction would usually suffice as an indicator of guilt (unless I had personal knowledge to the contrary) - however am very aware that places on distant shores can have legal systems that would make Mickey Mouse look like Judge Judy , no matter that on paper they are a par with civilised nations. I'd put SA firmly in that category........but not very PC in this part of the world to mention that and probably how he came to be deported.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:27   #53
cruiser

thanks for the link but it sent me to a 'main page', and i really dont want to be reading down other forums to read the same stuff that is on this forum...

if you ahve a link to a video I will try to view it.. (my laptop hates videos and youtube stuff... i always have to reboot after watching 1 or 2 vids...

not sure why...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
bergovoy try Wharram Builders and Friends - A Photo & Discussion Forum for Wharram Design Enthusiasts lots of good footage

barnakiel the reference micky mouse and kangaroo were towards south africa.

sarcasm aimed at nz,due to the fact that 6 years in a sa jail probably equates to a death sentence,and they could have held him on humanitarian grounds,especialy as he was a swiss national.......
Old 09-02-2011, 12:43   #54
Elvish meaning 'Far-Wanderer'

Boat: 56' Fountaine Pajot Marquises
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny chaos View Post
Most wish they could've lived a life like his but will never come close to having the grapefruits.
I don't wish it, nor do I think most would. It doesn't take grapefruits either. I would be more inclined to emulate someone who held an honest job, stayed true to their wife, raised their children, provided them a proper education, saved some money, and retired comfortably. Someone like my dad.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:46   #55

Boat: Fisher-25 motorsailer
I don't know if Hans Klaar is guilty of RAPE or not but going by the article's link in the begining of the thread I am of the opinion that there are certain kind of lifestyles one has to be careful. you have to exercise some restrain in your sexual conduct -

a) Movie business. if you are an actor/director/Producer. BE careful whom you sleep with because you never know who wants to grind his axe by targetting you.

b) Politics.

c) Rich business man

d) Yachtsman :-)

targetting a Yacht owner for trumped up sex charges conjures very vivid images and that would make a lovely article in the tabloids. Imagine, who would be interested in following a story of a middle aged accountant accused of having forced sex with his assistant in office but a yachtsman, wow the azure sea, a pretty sailboat, islands, the virgin sands and a RAPE.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:51   #56

On the lighter side why not have the system of having some kind of SEX release form signed by the fairer sex. I mean it sounds outrageous but at least will save you six years fo sodomy!

"I Ms...... age... wish to enter into a sexual congress with Mr...... at his/my place at the following addess.......
I certify that I am under no kind of duress/ or lured by cash or kind."

Signed.......Ms........
dt........................

Witness

Bartender#1..........
Bartender#2..........

well it is another thing that 9/10 women are going to through this certificate on your face and walk off.
Old 09-02-2011, 13:00   #57
Armchair Bucketeer

No luring by cash or kind?
Old 09-02-2011, 13:01   #58

I mean, could notwrite the full thing i.e. all the legal aspects.... can always improvise.
Old 09-02-2011, 14:06   #59

Good Evening,

To those expert cruising sailors posting their "expert" opinions on the South African judicial system here. Being an expert sailor does not make you an expert in law and the quality of judges in South Africa.

The definition of rape in South African law is very straight forward. It reads "Rape consists in intentional unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent".
No rocket science there.

This chap was convicted, apealed to the High Court and was unsuccessful in having the conviction set aside. He could have taken it to an even higher level but seems not to have done so.
Let him accept responsibility for his actions and serve his sentence.

Regards,
Banjo.
Old 09-02-2011, 14:18   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
Good Evening,

To those expert cruising sailors posting their "expert" opinions on the South African judicial system here. Being an expert sailor does not make you an expert in law and the quality of judges in South Africa.

The definition of rape in South African law is very straight forward. It reads "Rape consists in intentional unlawful sexual intercourse with a woman without her consent".
No rocket science there.

This chap was convicted, apealed to the High Court and was unsuccessful in having the conviction set aside. He could have taken it to an even higher level but seems not to have done so.
Let him accept responsibility for his actions and serve his sentence.

Regards,
Banjo.
Oh well that's that then!!!
End of discussion, no point posting any more personal opinions.
Black is black and white is white and never shall they mix, (worked really well in S.A.). What was Nelson Mandela guilty of? (no I'm not comparing the two just pointing out the follies of the S.A. justice system).
Closed Thread