Does anyone know of and can recommend a firm that offers this service
throughout NZ, Aust, Pacific?
I'm tired of, for each country, going through the process of:
- researching and ensuring the correct visa's etc for various countries and for crew of various nationalities
- ensuring the correct notice pre-arrival notice period is given.
- waiting on board or running/taking around the 2, three four or five various agencies on arrival
- then locating provisioning
- then going through the whole process in reverse on departure.
Sometimes this takes the best part of two days each side of a provisioning
stop, when all we really want is a bag of apples, or so!
I know that Agents exist that handle all this stuff for Capt and crew on the paperwork. They keep copies of passports and all forms, and sign matters off on the Captn's behalf (perhaps "as Agent", or on a "Limited Power of Attorney"?), and send it all off to the relevant port agencies at the appropriate time, once advised by satphone. These agents have preexisting trusted relationships with the authorities in each Port.
And what are the prices for this service
? How are prices worked out?
This becomes more important in these days of Covid and the health
that can potentially change overnight, that may well make a Captn wish they'd never heard of a place.