Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-07-2020, 07:47   #1

Boat: Jeanneau Sun Odyssey 45DS
Fischer Panda / 240V AC Experts needed

Hi all,

I have a Fischer Panda 8 PMS Mini Digital on board. Provides a good 7kW to drive the two A/C units plus battery charging, it's relatively low hours and in good order.

I'm off to Europe next year (indefinitely) so the issue of 240V versus 120V comes up.

I already plan to change the A/C units with new ones that will run on both 50 and 60Hz, so that expense is already factored in, but the cost of replacing a perfectly good generator with an identical one but 220V is more than I can stand.

The FP manual states that the coil can be reconfigured to provide 240V HOT/HOT as per the US L1/L2 phase to phase way of providing 240V (snip from the manual attached).

So the boat would run at 240V 50Hz when plugged into the dock and 240V 60Hz when on the gen set.

Most other things I can take care of (microwave / water heater etc).

In my case I would need to wire one side to the neutral on the boat and the other HOT side to HOT on the boat. [Yes, I do realize that has other implications for breakers / panels etc.!]

Does anyone see an issue with this?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FP Phases.JPG
Views:	46
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	220251  
duncan_ellison is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Fischer Panda