Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-07-2010, 11:01   #1

Question Health Certificate

Hello all,

my question is this...if crusing straight thru from STT to Florida will it be necessary to get a certificate for my dog before leaving the islands?

I know that health certificates are only good for 10 days so I hate to have to get a certificate here if I don't need one..as I may fly from FL to my final destination which will require another certificate.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Angel
lil gypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 13:49   #2

Boat: Gulfstar 53 - Osiris
From STT to Florida - non-stop - you are not leaving the USA per se, and therefore nothing beyond the normal animal requirements of being at home is required. And basically speaking I have never heard of any US citizen and US boat being asked about anything to do with their pets. You already have shot records and vet bills and if everything is up to date there is no reason to have anything else.
osirissail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:39   #3
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
the health cert is good for 10 days for leaving this country and work for re-entry according to my vet and the staff they use for this particular situation. i spent 800 dollars getting my cat ready for out of country travel, as i wasnt able to pinpoint my departure date ...just this past feb--the 10 days is for leaving this country after receiving he cert--is for use on return without need for another vet trip, according to them. more info is in the noonsite site.
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
health