Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-07-2015, 13:29   #1
CLOD

Boat: none
Peapod grocery delivery

On the way home from the boat yesterday I was behind a Peapod truck For those that don't know what this is, it is a grocery delivery service from one of the grocery store chains. This suddenly became something for me to remember as existing in the world.

So the question is how many have used this type of service to have grocery supplies delivered to you at the marina while cruising in order to save the cost of taxi/buses/rental cars etc.?
Old 20-07-2015, 13:43   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Peapod grocery delivery

A lot. Many supermarkets offer free delivery when you spend over $100. Most deliver right to the boat if it's at a dock. Some also offer a cruiser discount. Saves wear and tear on the bikes and the back..
monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 14:43   #3

Boat: Tayana Vancouver 42
Peapod grocery delivery

We have recently discovered Von's Delivers, a west coast grocery chain. We've had deliveries to several different marinas.

And when anchored out they delivered to a coffee shop. All we needed was an address. We dinghied to the beach, took our granny cart to the coffee shop and relaxed until the groceries arrived.

In our experience, they always did a great job picking out the fresh produce. So much easier then hiking or busses.

S/V B'Shert
Tayana42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2015, 17:31   #4

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Peapod grocery delivery

Great idea! I used Peapod when I lived in Arlington, VA, but not on a boat. Fantastic service and the vegetables/fruits were much nicer looking than I would have bothered picking over to find. I love that you can just click on the grocery list online and be done with it in no time.
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
delivery