Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-08-2019, 11:48   #91

Re: How do you ride in your dinghy

When I'm in my dinghy, I adopt the same mentality I have on my bicycle, namely, that I am invisible, and I maneuver accordingly when approached by things that could kill me.

The standing up thing eludes me. We have a hard dink and it planes fine with me sitting on the rear seat facing forward. I don't think my kill cord would be long enough to stand in the middle and steer.
Old 04-08-2019, 13:34   #92

Boat: Dufour Safari 27'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chotu View Post
You are just ambidextrous. Not many people can switch between goofy and regular. And I don’t need the motor. That’s pretty uncommon to ride different footed for different types of boards. Pretty interesting.

I am right handed for most things (although I am training myself to be competent with my left hand for some things, such as billiards) but I am left handed for hockey.

When I was a lad I told dad that I NEED a hockey stick. We had no idea that they they could be left or right handed. We bought one that was pre-curved and it turned out to be left handed, so that's how I learned to play and I have a much better shot shooting left handed.
ArmyDaveNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 14:36   #93

Boat: Cross 24 trimaran

Quote:
Recognize the difference between regular and goofy. These terms refer to the two stances used in board sports.[1] Your stance is which foot is in front of the other when you’re riding. Regular means to stand on the board with your left foot forward. Your right foot will be behind it, near the tail of the board.[2] Goofy is the opposite of regular – your right foot is forward and your left foot is back near the tail.[3]
https://www.wikihow.com/Determine-if...-or-Goofy-Foot
Astronomy says we will find a coded signal from outer space. Then we'll KNOW that life exists there, for coded signals aren't by chance. Biology says there are coded genetic signals in every cell, but we KNOW that no intelligence created life. VE0XYZ
longjonsilver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy