Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-05-2020, 10:08   #1

Boat: Buchanan Prior 10.4m
Who I am and why I’m here

Hello, I’ve joined recently, am impressed by what I find on the website (though still figuring out how to find some of it) and pleased to introduce myself. I’m a semi retired crusty with a 37’ wooden boat which I bought eighteen months ago and am nursing back to health. I sailed her last year from the UK to the Med, won the trophy in the Viareggio classic boat rally, wintered her in Marina di Grosseto and had hoped already to be moving her south and then east but am prevented by coronavirus restrictions. Nonetheless I hope to sail to Sicily and across to Greece in June and maybe as far as Istanbul by July. I enjoy music, laughter and generally chilling in mediterranean ports and bemoan the lack of wind in the Tyrrhenian Sea in the summer months. I’m keen to meet other boat owners, particularly those with classic yachts, and potential crew; and to learn from the experiences of others. (I’ve no objection to GRP. I owned a GRP Westerly for 23 years and sailed her from the UK to the Med.) When we’re allowed back on the water I hope to meet many of you there. Leatherman
Leatherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 15:15   #2

Boat: Freedom 38
Re: Who I am and why I’m here

Welcome Leatherman! Post some pictures when you can so we can all live vicariously through each other's projects.
gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2020, 15:46   #3

Boat: Bavaria 35E
Re: Who I am and why I’m here

Ahoy, and welcome. I look forward to seeing photos of your boat and med moorages.
nightowle is offline   Reply With Quote