Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-12-2005, 06:10   #1

Boat: Island Yachts Peterson 34
The magic 50

Well, I'm at 49 posts, so I figure if I properly introduce myself I can get to the magic 50 ;-)

My name is Tim. I live in Keene, NH, USA, where I am a professor of geology and environmental studies at Keene State College.

I have been sailing most of my life as has my wife (and now my son). You can read about the boats I own, other boats I sometimes get to sail on (my dad's and my father-in-law's), and some of my sailing adventures at http://members.acadia.net/catamount/Boats.html

My latest project is the re-fitting of a 1980 Island Yachts Peterson 34 offshore racing sloop, which I hope to convert to a fast and fun family cruiser and short-handed passage maker. Possible future plans might include a return to Newfoundland (see 2003 cruise log here), a sail to Bermuda and back (perhaps as part of the Bermuda 1-2?), and a year's sabbatical North Atlantic circle...

Besides sailing and my work, the other things that keep me busy include skiing, skating, hiking, biking, woodworking .....

Regards,
Catamount is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2005, 06:30   #2

Smile Welcome Aboard

Welcome aboard Catamount.

I'm CaptainK. But you can call me Kevin. I have been a member for about 2 and half months. I joined this wonderful forum to learn from seasoned sailboat sailors. I happen to be ex-US Navy. But, I presently do not own a sailboat.

One does not have to own a sailboat to join this forum. Cause, this forum can help those who never been out to sea before. This forum, could provide the necessary info and expertise. To help newbie wanna-be sailors to join the ranks of real sailors.

But, like for me. I'm only a newbie to sailboats. Not 200,000 ton steel warships. Like a air craft carrier !! :-)

I checked out your wbelink. Nice sailboat. I can not wait to get my own boat. And escape from reality (USA) for a while. And enjoy the peaceful, and sometimes nightmarish life out at sea!!

Well, welcome aboard Tim. And it's always nice to have new blood added to our ranks. Have a nice day/evening.

Regards,

Kevin

CaptainK
CaptainK is offline   Reply With Quote