Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-08-2019, 22:09   #1

PNW scuba boat suggestions

Ahoy sailors,

I'm new to this forum, I sailed as a teen and have always wanted to sail again. Prolly will sell my ski boat and Lance camper, convert to a sailboat.

I'm a Dive Master, so I want to scuba dive off my new sailboat. I know PNW water has big tidal exchanges, higher wind & waves. I want to sail WA and Vancouver islands Canada.

My Ford F250 can easily trailer most boats from Eugene OR. Considering 22' to 26'ish so I can park her at my home when not in use.

I'm disabled due to Lyme Disease so boat diving will make my life much easier. No more tiring shore dives.

I love the transom on the Hunter boats. That would make handling dive gear easier on me. Yet they aren't rugged enough for PNW. Perhaps I need to add a folding transom platform to dive from on another make of boat.

What's the down side to cutting in a walkway through the transom (assuming I properly rebrace the loads with welded metal brackets) to create an more open access for me? Or maybe I build a lift system to drop me over the side to dive?? I'm handy at building.

I'd love to spend several weeks aboard on extended trips. Maybe even run down to CA for occasional trips. Gotta have a safe, bluewater boat. After I dust off the sailing cobwebs, even HI down the road. Prolly solo sailing. I do cook so want a full gally. Swinging keel desired.

Please holler at me with your suggestions and ideas. I'm researching now, 2020 or 2021 purchased expected. Budget under $10,000.

Many thanks for your kind remarks and guidance.
DiveGirl Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 23:17   #2

Re: PNW scuba boat suggestions

My road limits: 8.5'W x 28' 6"L x 13.6" H.
DiveGirl Deb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, PNW, scuba