Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 13:45   #1

Thumbs down New Member :P Looks Like I'll Be Spending About Six Years Here : D

Hi,

Im only fourteen years old right now, and you can call me Sebastian : D

I've tooken a liking to boats ever since I was ten, and have tooken sailing courses up to Bronze IV which I will complete next summer. I love sailing 100% and I found living on a boat for my life being a VERY likely option. I have a very large passion for sailing, fishing, and technology (which I plan that my occupation will have something to do with technology, so it works out okay with my sailing dream.)

I hope you guys can look out for me until I reach that dream ;D (or fail and live in an apartment. Which I am still VERY okay with : D)
Elemein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 13:56   #2

Boat: Nassau 42 SV Ceol Mor
Welcome Sebastian! If you keep your eye on the goal, you will not fail. You might end up in an apartment for a while - which you should do, during University if only for the experience of having rotten roomates- but if you keep your focus you will be on your boat eventually.
Mimsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 14:32   #3

Learning to spell correctly will help you in all that you aspire to. It is easier than ever with 'Spell-Check'.
Good Luck
diogenes726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 15:39   #4

Boat: PETERSON 44
welcome. For me it was dream from years ago I was about your age and its been one great adventure chasing it since. Dpnt fret the spekking thing I stgill get corrected and then my manors are wretched as well. Its a poor day if we don't learn something new. I did figure out that I can right click and get suggestions on how I should spell a word. Spent the day on the boat and sailed a bit. Then learned something else. It was a good day.
sabray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 15:43   #5

Thanks everyone : D

Sorry about the spelling, I'm not espiecally doing well in English, and English is not my native language, Portuguese is.

Anyway, thanks, and I will keep my eye on the goal, thanks for the advice.
Old 11-10-2010, 15:52   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by diogenes726 View Post
Learning to spell correctly will help you in all that you aspire to. It is easier than ever with 'Spell-Check'.
Good Luck
Sentence fragments. Also bad. Ending a sentence with a preposition would also be considered less than grammatical perfection. Best not to correct others without first ensuring all of your own "duck are in a row".

Back on topic, it is very nice to have you around Sebastian.
Old 11-10-2010, 15:58   #7
Sponsoring Vendor

Community Sponsor

Boat: FP Athena 38' Poerava
He's fourteen, I'm fifty four I should speak ANY other language as well as he does English. Spellin and gramer Nazis..whatdaya gonna do wit em, ya jus cain't shootem anymore.
Tellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 15:59   #8

I try to do my best with grammar '-.- Cant please everyone I guess.
Old 11-10-2010, 16:02   #9

You are doing a great job with English Sebastian. I can butcher a bit of Spanish, but Portugeuse eludes me.
Old 11-10-2010, 16:04   #10

Thank you very much, I was taught Portuguese at a young age, so it isnt that hard for me.

Spanish and Portuguese are pretty similar languages, if you picked up some Portuguese vocabulary, you would be able to speak Portuguese as long as you are using Spanish speaking rules.
Old 11-10-2010, 16:08   #11

Boat: 1981 Nor'sea 27
I picked up spanish while traveling to Colombia. When I hear others speaking Portuguese, I'm lost.

It's always good and helpful to pick up another language or 2, no telling where you end up in life.
Rhapsody-NS27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 22:12   #12

Location: Paradise (better known to most people as: Philippines)
Boat: 65' Custom Steel Ketch
Welcome to the forum, Sebastian! Good luck with the dream, and like everyone else says, if you want it badly enough you will absolutely find a way to make it a reality. If you've got your health, there is absolutely nothing that can prevent you from having the sailor's life. It isn't as grand as it looks in the movies...well, at least not all the time

Heck, I knew a 13 year old dock rat who knew more about sailing than I do. And I've crossed an ocean once or twice
NotQuiteLost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 22:32   #13
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Welcome to our humble forum. If you stick with us, I promise you will develop the thick skin needed to be an Old Salt Dog - but watch out for the subtle digs... It tooken me a long time to get used to them!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 16:00   #14

Thanks everyone!

I dont know all that much about living aboard, but cooking and sailing smaller boats is what I do know a thing or two about, I'd like to learn everything I can though, you can never be too safe I suppose.

And I know that a sailors life isnt glorious, but I guess I'm one of those people who want to take "the path less travelled".

Thanks again!
Old 12-10-2010, 16:26   #15
dtj

Good luck Sabastian. The path less traveled is always been a good path for me. Good for you. Keep dreaming and setting goals for yourself. It is not when you get there but the journey you experience.
dtj is offline   Reply With Quote