Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 16-06-2023, 08:37   #1

new guy, looking for advise

Hello all. Just introducing myself, I'm MARK, I have had the acct on here for a good while, but have just viewed from afar...I am now getting a lifelong dream coming full circle to "live aboard" fulltime year around on a sailboat. And not sitting in a marina somewhere, LOL, I intend to have sails up, and underway at least 60% of the year....going "somewhere". I have sailed for short times (6-10 days) and been on every kind of boat made, served in the US NAVY and find no more fullfiling place on earth than the ocean. So with that being said I am going to be buying a 38-40 ft "ketch", full keel, keel stepped, 1979 or earlier boat. (I am firm on a hand laid "heavy" older boat) I am one of those ppl that believe in bringing a TANK to a knife fight ha ha. at any rate I would like to just "chat" with some folks that have been OUT already for some experienced advise and maybe some pointers. I am liquidating Everything, and committing to adventure. "tired of the mundane work, sleep, work life!!" anyone willing to talk a little with me would be greatly appreciated...MARK. also I have done my homework, and studied this for like 2-half years now, had a 25.5 Hunter to just play on for a while, so, not just walking off the end of the plank here just have never "skippered" a SAILBOAT full time and single handed as I will be by myself.
survivor25 is offline   Reply With Quote