Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-05-2020, 20:16   #1

Making A Plan

Hello!

New to this forum. As an entrepreneur who has been working remotely for almost 10 years, and growing up on the inland US lakes, I’ve decided to follow my heart and am planning to live aboard part-time. I haven’t purchase yet (I’ve been going out on my brother’s 37’ Sea Ray for some years) but am thinking a trawler might be a good choice. I’m interested in staying at a marina a lot, at least early on, as I need good internet and ZOOM capabilities. Hope to ease out of my practice over a few years, after which I can do more cruising. I would love to hear others’ experience re: transitioning from landlubber to boat dweller, especially if you did it on your own while working. Excited to start this adventure, and nice to meet you virtually!
JustABoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2020, 21:12   #2

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20
Re: Making A Plan

Welcome.

I would suggest filling in your profile to indicate your approximate location and under Boat indicate you are looking for a powerboat. These 2 bits of info will show up under your name in every post. If you need help figuring out how to update your profile let me know.

When you ask questions or people offer advice, the advice is ofter boat and/or location specific and it saves you having to answer the question repeatedly.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 06:51   #3

Thank you for the suggestion. Where do I find my profile?
JustABoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 08:29   #4

Location: La Ciudad de la Misión Didacus de Alcalá en Alta California, Virreinato de Nueva España
Boat: Cal 20

Near the top left of any page you are on is a Link called “User CP”. Click on that.
At the top left of the page it takes you to will be a link called “Edit You Details”. Click on that.
Adelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2020, 08:53   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

You could also possibly state that your looking for whatever information that you are in your signature.
Also maybe do a search of the forum for want info your after, read those threads and then possibly start a thread about whatever info you didn’t find in the search.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote