Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2018, 12:38   #1

Ahoy Sailor!

Best holiday wishes to all you sailors. I'd like to start off saying that if it wasn't for this forum, I would have never been introduced to the world of sailing. I met Duane aka Novelman through this forum about 10 years ago who introduced me to sailing. I also met and sailed with Frank who's still active on this forum. We've been friends ever since. I remember the joy I felt preparing and taking the boat out of the marina and as the day drew to a close, I was exhausted but still in a good way. You don't have to hear this from me, but man are you guys a tough bunch! The constant back and forth rocking motion of the sea, the wind, sea spray, sickness and fear of the boom swinging across and hitting me in the head and knocking me out of the boat is real, but is easily outweighed by the feeling of freedom, excitement and adventure I feel when sailing.
Unfortunately, Duane is no longer active on this forum or is sailing any longer. I however, am still young and my last sailing adventure was a long time ago with Frank and I miss sailing terribly. I know I should get my own sailboat, but that probably wont happen until my kids grow up.
I live in LA and I'd love to sail with you. I have some sailing experience and I'm looking for sailing buddies. I am dependable, fit, I take initiative and follow directions well. Contact me. Thanks.
sailingla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:33   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Ahoy Sailor!

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, sailingla.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 18:19   #3

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37

Welcome aboard sailingla! Maybe start with a nice fun little boat you can take out by yourself, or with your kids on the weekends? Once sailing gets in your blood it's hard to shake it! YOu might put an ad in the crew forum here too for the LA area. I won't be doing much sailing for a while right now but check with me in a couple months if you are heading up to the Ventura area.
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 10:37   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don C L View Post
Welcome aboard sailingla! Maybe start with a nice fun little boat you can take out by yourself, or with your kids on the weekends? Once sailing gets in your blood it's hard to shake it! YOu might put an ad in the crew forum here too for the LA area. I won't be doing much sailing for a while right now but check with me in a couple months if you are heading up to the Ventura area.
Thank you for your generous offer and advice. Would love to go out sailing with you and will get in touch with you. And I'd love to buy a boat, but I live in an apartment and no place to store it here.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:50   #5
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Ahoy Sailor!

Welcome to CF sailingla..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' still dance to the beat of the drums.
boatman61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 17:12   #6

Thanks GordMay and boatman61.

Tags
sail