Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-04-2008, 12:31   #1
One of Those

Boat: Catalac 12M (sold)
You know you are OLD when...

1) “OLD” IS WHEN….. Your sweetie says, “Let’s go upstairs and make love,”and you answer, “Pick one or the other, I can’t do both!”
(2) “OLD” IS WHEN….. Your friends compliment you on your new alligator shoes, and you’re barefoot.
(3) “OLD” IS WHEN….. A sexy babe catches your fancy and your pacemaker opens the garage door.
(4) “OLD” IS WHEN….. Going braless pulls all the wrinkles out of your face.
(5) “OLD” IS WHEN….. You don’t care where your spouse goes, just as long as you don’t have to go along.
(6) “OLD” IS WHEN….. You are cautioned to slow down by the doctor instead of by the police.
(7) “OLD” IS WHEN….. “Getting a little action” means I don’t need to take any fiber today.
(8) “OLD” IS WHEN….. “Getting lucky” means you find your car in the parking lot.
(9) “OLD” IS WHEN….. An “all-nighter” means not getting up to pee.
Old 29-04-2008, 14:20   #2

Boat: Allied Princess, 36-Scallywag
Canibul,

Thanks for the laugh. How are the Turks? I was in Grand Turk last summer. Beautiful water. Very interesting island.

John
scallywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2008, 14:56   #3
One of Those

We love it here. Vacationed for years here, then moved down for good in '05. Just spent the past 14 months building a house overlooking the Caicos Bank. Have only been to Grand Turk once so far, but plan to go back over during the relatively calm summer. If you like looking at photos, I have something like 130 or so pages on the blog site. Ir you start with the early posts it's mostly about the islands, lots and lots of photos. All the later stuff is about building a house and living here. Hopefully we will get back to the adventures-on-the-water phase again soon.
Old 07-05-2008, 12:50   #4

Thanks for the laughs!
mermaidserena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 12:58   #5

Boat: Allied Princess, 36-Scallywag
Canibul,
Thanks for the link. I will look at the pics. How has the hurricane season been the last three years?
John
scallywag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 13:33   #6
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
YEP.....got a few chuckles out of that. Only because I personally know that many are true
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 13:52   #7
One of Those

Quote:
Originally Posted by scallywag View Post
Canibul,
Thanks for the link. I will look at the pics. How has the hurricane season been the last three years?
John
Not too bad. A few have gone by and missed us. Couple tropical storms....you know...life in the Caribbean.
Old 18-05-2008, 07:40   #8

Boat: Hunter 280 AliMar
Old is when you can read this thread and identify with all of the above.
Old is when you read this thread and then have to change your own diaper.

Thanks for the reminder. HA HA HA HA HA Dang ,time to go get a dry one.

"If the wind is free then why is sailing so dang expensive?"
Richkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 02:18   #9

Boat: Lancer 44 Motorsailer
Old is when your grocery store won't sell you green bananas without your doctors approval.

Old is when you can't remember what you just said.
Old is when you can't remember what you just said.
Old 19-05-2008, 02:40   #10

wasnt the one I was looking for but until I find it.........

How to know you're growing older

Everything hurts and what doesn't hurt doesn't work.
The gleam in your eyes is from the sun hitting your bifocals.
You feel like the night before and you haven't been anywhere.
You get winded playing chess.
Your children begin to look middle aged.
You finally reach the top of the ladder and find it's leaning against the wrong wall.
You join a Health Club and don't go.
You know all the answers but nobody asks you the questions.
You look forward to a dull evening.
You sit in a rocking chair and can't get it going.
Your knees buckle but your belt won't.
You're 17 around the neck, 44 around the waist and 105 around the golf course.
You just can't stand people who are intolerant.
Your back goes out more often than you do.
You stop looking forward to your next birthday.
You burn the midnight oil after 9.00pm.
You sink your teeth into a steak and they stay there.
You regret all those temptations you resisted.
The little old grey haired lady you help across the street is your wife.
You get all your exercise from being pallbearer for your friends who exercised.
You remember today that yesterday was your wedding anniversary.
You start a sentence but forget what you ......
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 02:44   #11

FOUND IT !!!

We are the survivors!!! Consider the changes we have seen. We were born before television, before penicillin, before polio shots, frozen foods, xerox, plastic, contact lenses, frisbees and the pill.
We were before radar, credit cards, atoms, laser beams, ballpoint pens, pantyhose, dishwashers, clothes dryers, electric blankets, air conditioners, drip-dry clothes, and before man walked on the moon.
We got married first and then lived together. In our time closets were for clothes, not for "coming out of", bunnies were small rabbits, and rabbits were not Volkswagons. Designer jeans were scheming girls named Jean or Jeanne, and having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with our cousins.
We were before house-husbands, gay rights, computer dating, dual careers, and computer marriages. Before day care centres, group therapy and nursing homes. We never heard of FM radio, tape decks, electric typewriters, artificial hearts, word processors, yogurt and guys wearing earrings. For us, time-sharing meant togetherness , not condominiums, a chip was a piece of wood, hardware meant hardware, and software wasn't a word.
In 1940 "made in Japan" meant junk and the term "making out" referred to how you did on your exam. Pizza, McDonald's and instant coffee were unheard of.
We arrived when there were 5 and 10 cent stores, where you bought things for 5 and10 cents. We bought ice cream cones for a nickel (chocolate covered 10 cents). For one nickel you could ride a street car, make a phone call, buy a pepsi, or enough stamps to mail one letter and two postcards. You could buy a new Chevy Coupe for $600.00 but who could afford one: a pity as gas was 11 cents a gallon.
In our day smoking was fashionable, grass was mowed, coke was a cold drink and pot was something you cooked in and Aids were helpers in the Principal's office. We were certainly not before the difference between the sexes was discovered, but we were surely before the sex change; we made do with what we had. And we were the last generation that was so dumb as to think you needed a husband to have a baby.
No wonder we are so confused and there is such a generation gap today.
But we survived!! So, celebrate!!!

And love to my mum...its all true. Quote" I dont walk as fast as I used to but I am going to be 80 next year, but you still dont need to cary my bag....stop fussing"..... (pity I couldnt find the Ozie version, but if someone does please send it to me)
cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 03:09   #12

Boat: seawind II Patience
Getting old

Was told eyesight goes,hearing goes ,& forgot whay went first.
marc2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 03:24   #13

Boat: Lancer 44 Motorsailer
What a trip down memory lane. LOL
Old 19-05-2008, 06:01   #14

Boat: Compass 29 length 29ft North Point
OLD!!!!

You know you old when you accept that "having a senior moment" is fast becoming your "new lifestyle".

Jim.
sailor jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 08:45   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Research vessel for a university, retired now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper View Post
FOUND IT !!!

We are the survivors!!! Consider the changes we have seen. We were born before television, before penicillin, before polio shots, frozen foods, xerox, plastic, contact lenses, frisbees and the pill.
We were before radar, credit cards, atoms, laser beams, ballpoint pens, pantyhose, dishwashers, clothes dryers, electric blankets, air conditioners, drip-dry clothes, and before man walked on the moon.
We got married first and then lived together. In our time closets were for clothes, not for "coming out of", bunnies were small rabbits, and rabbits were not Volkswagons. Designer jeans were scheming girls named Jean or Jeanne, and having a meaningful relationship meant getting along with our cousins.
We were before house-husbands, gay rights, computer dating, dual careers, and computer marriages. Before day care centres, group therapy and nursing homes. We never heard of FM radio, tape decks, electric typewriters, artificial hearts, word processors, yogurt and guys wearing earrings. For us, time-sharing meant togetherness , not condominiums, a chip was a piece of wood, hardware meant hardware, and software wasn't a word.
In 1940 "made in Japan" meant junk and the term "making out" referred to how you did on your exam. Pizza, McDonald's and instant coffee were unheard of.
We arrived when there were 5 and 10 cent stores, where you bought things for 5 and10 cents. We bought ice cream cones for a nickel (chocolate covered 10 cents). For one nickel you could ride a street car, make a phone call, buy a pepsi, or enough stamps to mail one letter and two postcards. You could buy a new Chevy Coupe for $600.00 but who could afford one: a pity as gas was 11 cents a gallon.
In our day smoking was fashionable, grass was mowed, coke was a cold drink and pot was something you cooked in and Aids were helpers in the Principal's office. We were certainly not before the difference between the sexes was discovered, but we were surely before the sex change; we made do with what we had. And we were the last generation that was so dumb as to think you needed a husband to have a baby.
No wonder we are so confused and there is such a generation gap today.
But we survived!! So, celebrate!!!

And love to my mum...its all true. Quote" I dont walk as fast as I used to but I am going to be 80 next year, but you still dont need to cary my bag....stop fussing"..... (pity I couldnt find the Ozie version, but if someone does please send it to me)
That is excellent Cooper. I am not of that generation but I very much appreciate it. It really goes to show that some things are different but not necessarily better.

David

Life begins where land ends.
David M is offline   Reply With Quote