Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-10-2014, 17:50   #1861

Boat: Shpountz 38/40
Re: SSSSM - Part Deux

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilgsn View Post
Hello,

Just got a 26 footer and plan on going to the Bahamas in March, then head West... No schedule, no set route, no limits. If anyone is crazy enough to be interested... I am 47, programmer (I can work on the boat). Much more to say, but this is a short introduction. BTW I speak English and French.

Gil.

If anyone is crazy enough to be interested...
You was thinking for a woman I think ?
Tu pensais à une femme bien sur ?

Amcalement
François
Old 25-10-2014, 17:59   #1862

Boat: Havsfidra 20

Quote:
Tu pensais à une femme bien sur ?
Bien entendu

Gil.
Old 26-10-2014, 05:58   #1863
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

welcome gil . it is about time you followed the road map--now i will let you have the key to the inner sanctum sanctorum....
Old 26-10-2014, 06:58   #1864

[QU OTE=gilgsn;1662991]Hello,

Just got a 26 footer and plan on going to the Bahamas in March, then head West... No schedule, no set route, no limits. If anyone is crazy enough to be interested... I am 47, programmer (I can work on the boat). Much more to say, but this is a short introduction. BTW I speak English and French.

Gil.[/QUOTE]

Welcome Gil ,

That sounds like a dream and an amazing and crazy adventure . I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be mad enough to join you!

Lucy

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 26-10-2014, 11:30   #1865

Boat: Havsfidra 20

Quote:
now i will let you have the key to the inner sanctum sanctorum....
Thank you Zee.. It took me a while indeed.. Been busy trying to make money to equip the boat properly.. It ads up pretty quickly.. Heavier anchor, new radio, dinghy, deck paint, etc. Seems like my care-free living days are over!

Quote:
I'm sure there are plenty of people who would be mad enough to join you!
Thanks Lucy, it certainly takes a special kind.. Where else would I find a woman willing to mix a batch of epoxy on the second date..!? And a 26 footer to boot, not much space.. It would be nice to share the adventure though, if only to have someone to nudge and say "look at this, isn't it so cool!" I feel like I just threw a bottle in the ocean with a message, not much of a chance, but you never know. Of course anything could happen between now and March, but the possibility of leaving on a big cruising adventure is there, and I must give it my best shot. I would gladly do it alone, but fate needs a little help sometimes..

Gil.
Old 28-10-2014, 03:19   #1866

Send a message via Skype™ to Naina

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyMonkey View Post
zeezee...now i AM HUNGRY! ARRRG!!! Lunchietime!!!
Old 28-10-2014, 07:49   #1867

your lunch looks better than mine.. i have lonche envy....
Old 28-10-2014, 08:16   #1868

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
your lunch looks better than mine.. i have lonche envy....
it's not my lunch. But I can cook the same)) Welcome
Old 05-11-2014, 03:26   #1869

Zee went into the sea, no one writes more. It seems to me that no one needs someone to meet and change something in life.
Old 23-11-2014, 19:38   #1870

Boat: California 32, Potter, 1937, 46 ft
Send a message via Skype™ to visible

Great idea this singles networking group.

I'm new here but not new to sailing and a 59 year young divorcee without kids who is looking for a first mate, or co-captain (serious, I can handle that with the right woman).

Just got my own classic California 32 which needs a bit of work. After that we (cat and me and preferably female first mate) will be heading for Europe and check out those coasts for the first time in my life. Will also be semi-working aboard although I'm semi-retired.

It would be great if I find a soul mate to share my love of the freedom of the sea and the wind with and co-owning the boat is of course possible. Must love wooden boats though, so she will do best if she loves lots of work and can work with tools on wood. I'm the one who will continue to say that you look pretty when you are covered with grime, sweat sawdust and wood chips.

I also hope she is a bit of an intellectual who likes to visit interesting historical, architectural, etc. places and likes going to concerts and other performance arts.

My cat 'Jaws' also has some requirements. The lady will have to ask him directly what they are, but he is low maintenance. ))

Naina, your dishes look delicious. How about sharing some? Don't tell me that, apart from a seasoned sailor you're also a good cook.

It sounds like you are changing your life drastically. So am I.

Would love to live in the Mediterranean. Where do you want your future boat to be berthed, Naina?

I hope you get your boat. You sound like you are ready and willing and can do it. Men or women in our lives are indeed not the ones creating the changes we need, they are the rewards for our changes and with them one can celebrate one's success.

Sorry ladies who are in the USA, but I speak on purpose with preference with European single ladies, considering where I am heading.

Apologies for my wordiness. Got so enthused about this place. Will keep it shorter in next postings.
Old 24-11-2014, 06:05   #1871

havent gone to sea yet as we still fixing here in barra de navidad.... you will all know when i sail...
welcome new folks....
if i had more reliable wifi connections we would have more noise from me here...lol
new folks!! whooot!!!!
Old 29-11-2014, 11:45   #1872

yes, this thread very hard to find....but did it! Finally! Am trying to join SSSM, but that is just as difficult it seems.....
Did you get my reply message?
Old 29-11-2014, 12:12   #1873

you are in the group, as the requirements are finally complete.
actually membership in our group is easy, once the search feature is used, as ssssm part deux is in the search mechanism and only one thread bears the name.
the content of the profile, inclusive of marital status is another roadblock many fail with.
other fail points are .. this is not a dating site nor a crew list site. those are elsewhere. we get a lot of that and of marrieds seeking a single sailing partner. .we are not here for that either.
strange how folks whop complain about the difficulty in joining are those who later praise for the protection
as i recall, it was over a week and half i was awaiting your inclusion of a section in your profile with info concerning you and boat and marital status. i clean out my in box after a month of waiting. when i do, i invite folks to re-request or to accept an invitation . that is where we were when you returned from your adventures.
welcome to the group. i hope you are not here for the dating service or crew list, as neither are here. those are elsewhere.
as for soulmate searching, that takes a loong time. have fun and get to know our membership, as weh ave a good group.
Old 01-12-2014, 15:46   #1874

Boat: Dufour Classic 38
Send a message via Yahoo to cavalier_du_mer

Thanks for this forum Mlle. Zeehag.

Looking to meet a female sailing nomad here. I do not have great demands. If she is honest, loves freedom, is kind and positive and if she loves sailing, that would be great. The rest is to be discovered.

My boat is a Dufour 35 Classic and I have been sailing for 15 years. Currently staying temporarily in la belle Conleau, Brittany, but I'm from Spain.

Salut, Saludos, Cheers!
Old 01-12-2014, 15:54   #1875

cavalier -- we have a social group in the user cp area.. please join us!
Closed Thread

Tags
paracelle