Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-01-2013, 20:05   #1

Boat: cooper prowler
Send a message via Yahoo to trailmix
where to liveaboard near queens ny

Hi I am ready to purchase a boat to livingaboard. I want to be near queens ny. The boat I am thinking about purchasing would be somewhere between 30 to 42 feet. Does anyone know where i could get a year round transient slip? Mooring may be an option too. I would be interested in some low to moderate rates so it would not be too expensive. I really dont want to be more than an hour and a half away so the closer the better. I do not need to be near any transportation. I was thinking there may be some places in Long Island NY , Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, and New Jersey, I could look into. Thanks! Any ideas will be greatly appreciated
trailmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 21:17   #2

Boat: Lancer 30, Little Jumps
Re: where to liveaboard near queens ny

Check out Havens marina on Manhasset Bay, Manorhaven area of Port Washington, most conventient to Queens.
Liveaboards welcome.
hugosalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 07:53   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, trailmix.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2014, 15:19   #4

Boat: cooper prowler
Send a message via Yahoo to trailmix

So I took a spot at liberty landing marina for the winter. I feel the security is great the people are great and the marina is in liberty state park (which I love). The internet service is awful its just like dial up and the washers and dryers are expensive and it takes forever to dry your clothes. There are two expensive restaurants Ive been to one; the Liberty House; its beautiful but its 8 dollars a beer and forget getting a hamburger which is an outrages price. The ferry is 5 dollars if you buy a 10 day pass and it steps from the docks and only a 10 minute ride to downtown nyc. last run is at 845 pm from nyc. You can also take the light rail to the path which is a much longer commute but at night you have to walk down to the marina through a very dark and desolate section. So to sum it up im happy here but its quite expensive for the summer. It was still close to queens ny but the Varazzano bridge is 13 dollars and even though its not so many miles to queens it take about 40 minutes to an hour. So now im going to repost and hope someone has any suggestions where to move to for the summer. I need better transportation options now. I would like something with easy transportation to the bronx and nyc now. Any suggestions would be appreciated. It would be a plus if I could also walk to some restaurants that aren't too expensive. Any suggestions please?
trailmix is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
liveaboard