Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-08-2020, 10:14   #1

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Mariah 31
Coastal cruising Texas post Covid

Covid is crushing my dream. Thus it must be re-invented for the new world. 32 years old and 6 years into my liveaboard life my 1978 Pacific Seacraft Mariah 31 is almost ready to untie the lines for good. My passport application, indefinitely on hold. New mainsail, 3 weeks out. Having already witnessed some of the beauty of the Texas Coast there's no doubt it's out there and I'm nearly certain I can spend the rest of hurricane season cruising such a vast and deserted place. This post is to get a chat going between people living aboard in Texas and hopefully will inspire some meet ups and beach fires. Lets bring cruising to us if we can't go to it!
TheSarahTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 22:28   #2

Boat: Island Packet 35
Re: Coastal cruising Texas post Covid

Glad to see someone posting about the Texas coast.

Buying a boat in two weeks then intend to spend time exploring the coast, so share your stories as you do the same.
Flyrod1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:33   #3

Boat: Pacific Seacraft Mariah 31
Re: Coastal cruising Texas post Covid

Hurricane holed up for Laura a few miles south of the salt water barrier in the Neches. Now I'm at pleasure island in Sabine lake getting water and fuel. Sabine lake is a great place to learn to sail. No real underwater obstructions only a handful of platforms, access to the gulf, and 20,000 acres of sailing water. Cool marshes and the wildlife to go with them too. Headed towards Port Aransas with the next east wind. See y'all out there!
TheSarahTonin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
texas