Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-05-2013, 07:24   #91

Location: Everywhere that you want to be! "And, some that you don't!??
Boat: Boston Whaler
Send a message via AIM to UnExCorp Send a message via Skype™ to UnExCorp
Re: At My Wits End

I do not profess to know much about that of Sailing - And, I have only ever owned that of an Boston Whaler! But, honestly, since becoming that of an somewhat-Member, of this particular forum. I keep seeing this same palguing problem -with regards to that of Engin -whatever? faiure. Especially, being found on that of an Sailboat!

That of my Inquire:

Is it just possible, to simply-relitively speaking, to buy/purchase that of an Outboard Motor - "Say, Johnson/Evinrude 25/other! "And, simply screw the thing on the back of the/an boat - I, personally, know those whom keep as such, on board -for just the Eventuality/potential of such occurances -Yes, for that of Motored Vessels!

I would suppose; like that of an Auxilliary generator - for that of One's House! "Yes, most H/O don't have them -but some do!

Again, I don't know if one can simply be placed on the back of an Sailboat/relitive size and all?

This is ment as that of an overall view - "Not being, of "this" particular occurance - It's understood, that he/they, are experiencing economic deficiencies, at the present time -I would suppose, who hasent?

Even those, whom I profess of knowing, whom are found being wealthy, by that of society standards, get blindsighted - Every once and awhile!

( My uncle, Mother's side, Dr. Dugas, was filling up his 48' Sport Fishing Yacht -triple decked, while we eating breakfast, at a local resturant in the Vinyards -for which, was per usual (You see - It took so darn long to fill that thing up). "Anyway, when we arrived back at his yacht, after consuming breakfast -the Bill! was like a couple/few Thousand Dollars -or such! So, he -once again, pulled out his C/C! But, this time, the Card came back "Declined!" We'll, quite allarmed -my uncle, the Doctor, obviously called that of his Bank! It was, eventually, resolved. But, not right away, and not by that of his Bank! He, personally, knew that of the owner of the refueling Station -and the owner just said, "pay what you can, and pay the rest -on Credit." -go figure!

In the end: Dr. Dugas, just simply opened up that of an account with the refueling station -So, it happenes to Everyone -albeit, at different times, in very different ways!

As to that of Flying to STT - Quite Affortable!

But, for leaving One's "Family" behind - Not quite sure as too how I'd feel about that -Unless, they were left with that of Family/relative(s)!?

Best of fairwinds too you, and that of your Family!

Sincerely,

D.T.
YVR
Old 26-05-2013, 15:23   #92
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Lived aboard & cruised for 45 years,- now on a chair in my walk-in closet.
Boat: Morgan OI 413 1973 - Aythya

At this point it appears that you have three viable hypotheses to account for your engine not running, 1) fouled diesel fuel 2) Air entering diesel lines 3) Blocking of fuel flow. Of these three you have already confirmed that one is true,- you have observed that the filters were full of "gunk". So, #1 is known to be true and the other two are still possibilities. It is possible to have your system exhibit more than one problem at a time, but these are most frequently singular events. Placing a 10 gallon plastic tank similar to what people use in a dinghy, along with one or two jerry cans of diesel would solve the dirty fuel problem and the mechanical blockage problem if this is at the uptake tubes. It would also solve the air leak problem unless these leaks are along the rail that supplies the injectors. I would recommend that you set up this temporay solution so that you can move your boat to the locaion where you have a job and where you can take your time to solve the problem.
Old 26-05-2013, 15:48   #93

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptForce View Post
At this point it appears that you have three viable hypotheses to account for your engine not running, 1) fouled diesel fuel 2) Air entering diesel lines 3) Blocking of fuel flow. Of these three you have already confirmed that one is true,- you have observed that the filters were full of "gunk". So, #1 is known to be true and the other two are still possibilities. It is possible to have your system exhibit more than one problem at a time, but these are most frequently singular events. Placing a 10 gallon plastic tank similar to what people use in a dinghy, along with one or two jerry cans of diesel would solve the dirty fuel problem and the mechanical blockage problem if this is at the uptake tubes. It would also solve the air leak problem unless these leaks are along the rail that supplies the injectors. I would recommend that you set up this temporay solution so that you can move your boat to the locaion where you have a job and where you can take your time to solve the problem.

^^ Yes. This is a good plan; go for it!

Ann