Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-06-2020, 15:41   #1

Boat: 1976 Alajuela 38 MK I
Question Pros and Cons of Using the Same Surveyor

Just looked at a boat I'm pretty sure I will ultimately put on offer in on. This is private non-brokered sale. The current owner is making available to me the past 3 surveys on this boat. His pre-purchase survey from when he brought the in 2009. The pre-purchase survey of the owner previous to him from 2006. Thirdly, an insurance survey that contains both the damage and resulting repair work from an accident resulting for a SeaTow towing mishap. All of the surveys were done by the same surveyor who is well known and well respected in the area. He is considered one of the go to guys in the Houston area. I am familiar with him by reputation.

So I have what might be a stupid question (or not), what are some of the pros and cons using the same surveyor?

My initial thought is to use him since with any luck he will remember the boat and have a basis of comparison to help judge current condition of the boat.

Any thoughts or input is greatly appreciated.
gallatin1988 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
survey, surveyor