Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2021, 22:10   #1

Boat: Helia 44, Fountaine Pajot
Join me in a sailing and lifestyle adventure.

I am looking for 1 or 2 partners to join me in buying a catamaran in the Med and sailing there for 2 summers and then sailing across to the Caribbean for a season and then on to the South Pacific for 1 or 2 seasons.

About me: I am an experienced sailor with many trips up and down the Australian coast and water sailing">blue water sailing in the South Pacific plus some sailing in the Mediterranean. I am keen to fulfill a dream of sailing across the Atlantic and South Pacific. However, I do not want to be a liveaboard and have to spend all my time on the boat and would prefer to share the dream with 1 or 2 like-minded partners. Plus, I would like to be able to mix the cruising with some land travel and the ability to return home occasionally. This will ensure that the boat is better utilised, cost less and the has the bonus of sharing the adventure. The sharing could be time slice or a mix of time slice and time share.

My ideal boat is definitely a sailing catamaran, probably between 42-47ft LOA, reasonably late model 2012 -2108 and cost estimate anywhere between E350K and E500K for 100% (so E175 – E250 if 2 partners) plus running expenses. We would ensure over the 2 summers in the Med that it is fully blue water cruise ready (to be discussed whether this needs to fit in original budget). I am early 60s and retired. I have recently sold a 44ft cat in order to prepare for this. I have my views on brand preference but am open minded.

If this excites you, please PM me and we can discuss in more detail. I am open to suggestions. Also if this is not posted on the correct forum, can those more experienced on the forum correct me - thanks.
gezza is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail, sailing