Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2018, 17:58   #16

Boat: gozzard 44
Re: Toronto Boat Show 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durangutan View Post
Has Gozzard stopped building boats? I conversed briefly with Mike last year regarding a used boat and the delta between that and new one but it was never mentioned that new was no longer available.
Gozzard built a new design, a G41RC, on spec which was recently sold.
They are still in the new boat business unlike most semi-custom builders who no longer exist.
In between builds they refresh Gozzards their owners bring in to Goderich.

Ronbo
ronbo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 18:13   #17

Boat: Mirage 35

But on the other hand (to hijack the thread a bit) the Montreal boat show had four more sailboats on display than two years ago (0 + 4 = 4).

It is what it is. They cater to their clientele and they sell a lot more pontoons and bass boats than sailboats. But the sailboat vendors were ready to talk, and the fact that I own an old boat seemed to make me more interesting to them rather than less - who knows when I might decide to upgrade.

I went to both because it’s a nice outing and I wanted to make contact with vendors for parts and services. I probably won’t go next year because I made the contacts I was looking for and there isn’t much change from one year to the next.

And, really, serious buyers of new sailboats aren’t going to a show like this to see what’s available - they know who the agents are and what they have to show.
Old 14-02-2018, 09:29   #18

Boat: Hunter 33 - Breezin'

I think the show is a great place to have a close look at several of the models all at the same time and to get a feel for each. I think there was 4 38's on display. I'm sure no one goes down to the show and then decides I think I'll buy a boat today, but has been thinking for a long time and been out to see several, but one at a time. At the show you can go sit in one boat then the other then back to the first to compare. Also a good place to negotiate one against the other for boat show specials. I could see the show as being the final step in the purchase of new.
scottb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 13:12   #19

It seems to me, even in the power boat segment, there is less and less at this show in the weekender/30-36ft segment. Its all either Pontoons, 20 footers, with a couple of mega yachts that people like to wander through.
Bobbob911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2018, 05:17   #20
SuW

Boat: 1976 Bayfield 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronbo1 View Post
Gozzard built a new design, a G41RC, on spec which was recently sold.
They are still in the new boat business unlike most semi-custom builders who no longer exist.
In between builds they refresh Gozzards their owners bring in to Goderich.

Ronbo
I have seen the results of a Gozzard refit. Old friends have had it done and the boat looks just wonderful. They were very happy with everything, they said it's like having family do the work, nothing was too much trouble.

Unfortunately, I can't afford a Gozzard (or even a refit) but I can admire great workmanship (and do my own repairs and maintenance).
SuW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat, boat show