Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2016, 11:08   #1

new guy on board

I've been visiting this site for a long time, probably ten years now, but never joined till now. I was reading about manual windlasses the other day and noticed that several people in the past had mentioned liking the simpson Lawrence manuals, but not being able to find them anymore. I have listed a S/L hyspeed on ebay in case anyone here is still interested. the unit is beautiful. I purchased it many years ago and have taken good care of it. Planned to downsize from our 40 Pearson to a 28 Pearson, but a major cardiac event put a stop to plans. We lived on the 40 footer for 7 years, but can't quite handle her in a blow anymore. She can be ornery at times. tried to kill us a couple times. don't know why. Anyway, I Mikeenjoy reading the stuff people write in, so I guess I'll be here bothering y"all for a while.
Bart
bart393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2016, 11:16   #2

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now
Re: new guy on board

Hi Bart,
Welcome to the Cruiseless Forum!

No bother! Good to (finally) have you aboard.

Have any good advice for liveaboards?