Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-03-2012, 18:45   #91
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'
Re: What if Dwelling on Land Were the Exception Rather Than the Rule?

Originally Posted by Rakuflames
Now David -- there are no stupid questions -- only stupid answers!
Gotta disagree, this whole thread is based on a stupid question

I thought it's all been pretty darned funny! There are some very witty people here ...
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 18:47   #92
cruiser

Boat: Hunter 31'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ty.gregory View Post
I have never lived in a house like yours, but I have owned many, many houses and the one I now own is better than the one you chose for yourself. PM me for more details on MY house and why I bought it...

Just remember that some builders are MUCH "better" than others and be prepared to 'splain yourself!
Rakuflames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2012, 23:34   #93

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40

I want to move ashore.

What is the best house for us, a family of 4?

How much will our monthly costs be?
Jimbo485 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:26   #94

Boat: Reinell 26 "Tobi Maru

I am having trouble understanding the dirt people laws? Specifically, Is it true that i can refuse to allow an armed law enforcement officer to search my terra-hull and pavement dinghy with out them having permission from a dirt law overlord or a specific reason? Also, I've heard that if you dont pay the dirt harbor master and the terra-hull owner association a percentage of what they think your hull is worth they can take it from you?
Another thing I find strange is most dirt people dont make thier own electricity?? the decks are huge, and they could a 10kw solar panel up there easily.
Dirt people are always complaining about the cost of fuel to run thier pavement dinghy. Odd, becasue most of them have these huge inboard engines for thier pavement dinghy, the inboards are big enough for a 25 ton ship... all of that hourse power is just wasted becasue all of ther navigable pavement ways are no-wake, the col-regs are bizzare.
Old 01-04-2012, 16:58   #95
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Now boatless :-(
I have a real problem in this neighborhood. I moved here in the 70's and it was a hidden treasure. Now there are houses all around me and they are way too close together. And to top it off a new guy showed up yesterday and is going to build a house right next door. What really gripes me is I checked the city planners office and instead of a proper basement foundation they are going to anchor their property on a cheap slab. I can just imagine what happens in the first storm.

They all play music, have kids cycling around the neighborhood and throw "BBQ" parties together and make noise. We've been invited but we don't know them and have no interest in knowing them.

How do I make all them relocate to the other side of town so I get my quiet area back?
Ex-Calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 13:03   #96

Is it true that dirt homes don't go bump in the night. Who has the right if way? I hear there are dirt homes you can move on wheels. They must cost a lot more than regular dirt homes. You could move that to the other side of town.
Attached Images

Sailor g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 13:23   #97
Armchair Bucketeer

I've just spent $500k on a TWO storey house - the extra story is for safety -if the ground floor catches fire I can simply move upstairs.

and it also means that I don't need to learn anything about living on dirt - whilst simultaneously knowing everything.

The good news is that there is no law about needing Stairs - so I don't have any. The Real Estate salesman told me that was a smart move on my part.
David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote