Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Destinations > Marinas
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2013, 08:15   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 50DS - 50ft
West Shore Marina Huntington Harbor, Long Island

We're new to the area and plan to move our Hunter 410 to Huntington Harbor or nearby. We plan to do a slip at West Shore Marina. We've driven there a couple of times and toured the area and it seems to be a nice place. We would appreciate any experienced viewpoints on it. Concerns we have are the noise from a restaurant with live bands (Prime) Does the noise carry to the marina? Its about 1/4 mile away. 2. The huge number of moorings and the ability to thread through them to get back to the slip.
DeaconBlues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:43   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 48 Wauquiez Pilot Saloon
Re: West Shore Marina Huntington Harbor, Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues View Post
We're new to the area and plan to move our Hunter 410 to Huntington Harbor or nearby. We plan to do a slip at West Shore Marina. We've driven there a couple of times and toured the area and it seems to be a nice place. We would appreciate any experienced viewpoints on it. Concerns we have are the noise from a restaurant with live bands (Prime) Does the noise carry to the marina? Its about 1/4 mile away. 2. The huge number of moorings and the ability to thread through them to get back to the slip.
Sweet Name Mr. Dan...

I can tell you all about Huntington Harbor in CA... But have had no run-ins with Huntington LI... Yet....

But I did attend Kings Point.... Know what a JAP is.... And have caught my fair share of last trains back from the city....

Welcome to CF... Somebody who knows will be along shortly!

Mai Tai's fix everything...
HappyMdRSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 13:19   #3

Boat: Pearson 30
Re: West Shore Marina Huntington Harbor, Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlues View Post
I have a Mooring with Coneys in Huntington Harbor. There's a buoyed channel right to the West Shore slips. Coney's launch service is right next to Prime. I don't remember the music being especially loud or obnoxious when I return from an evening sail, but I'm usually in such a mellow mood that I might not be the best judge. BTW, I love the town of Huntington. The Haror is really protected but it does take a while to get out of the Harbor to the Sound and beyond.
Contraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 11:06   #4

Boat: Ericson 35-3
The channel through the harbor is well marked and very easy to navigate.
The only choke point is where the harbor meets the bay, and that is well marked.
As far as the noise, the music is pointed toward the crowd and doesn't go late into the night.
If you travel around the area, you see it is a heavily populated area and has a large police presence to discourage poor manners.
Enjoy your stay on the north shore!
billz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Long Island