Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-11-2012, 10:57   #1
cruiser

Boat: Morgan 33 OutIsland, Magic and 33' offshore scott design "Cutting Edge"
Maltreatment By Homeland Security

Ok I'm sailing around the point approaching boot key when I see an unlit boat approaching on radar. Blue flashers light up and I'm told prepare to be boarded while an armed officer jumps on deck. I show him my papers and he puts another armed thug out between me and the hatch as he goes below and proceeds to dig through my personal belongings. I ask if I may use the phone or radio and I'm told NO! He finds some muscle relaxers belonging to my friend for his back and makes him dump them overboard I guess because they weren't in the prescription bottle. They dig through the boat for about an hour and then leave. They didn't identify themselves or leave a boarding report. The next day I called customs and border patrol and inquire as to the normal boarding procedures after giving my account. It wasn't them as they wear green uniforms and these guys were wearing black and dark blue. I received a call back from an officer from customs and we determined it wasn't their men. Then later I got a call from the local coast guard officer in charge and I assured him it wasn't coast guard(who I have the utmost respect for). He told me he would contact an official from another office of homeland security and I could expect a call from them in the near future. What's this country coming to when armed thugs swarm your home in the dark in the name of the law. The anger has just been building in me and its eating me up.
forsailbyowner is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Tags
security