Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 08:13   #1

Boat: Fuji 45
Drivers License for Green Cove Springs Resident

We live on our boat,and have just received our registered Florida domicile papers for the infamous Walnut st address in GCS, but we are now in the bottom of the state with no car. We need to get our drivers licenses changed from a diff state. Apparently the DMVs near the cruising communities like Ft Lauderdale, Miami and Marathon will not accept this address. However other non coastal DMVs possibly will. Anyone tried this at any other DMVs, other than GCS? I would like to avoid a car trip to Green Cove Springs.
Lynnward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 15:03   #2

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran
Re: Drivers License for Green Cove Springs resident info

Interesting you're having a problem. I "live" at the same address as you, but I transferred my address at the GCS DMV office and had no problem. I once got my Florida drivers license at the DMV in Marathon (in the keys) and had a Georgia address on it. I explained to the clerk that I lived on a boat and would be happy to furnish the DMV with my lat/long, but if they wanted to reach me by mail they would have to use my Georgia address. They acquiesced.
I have to admit I really enjoyed having a Florida license with a Georgia address. I sort of regret that I was never stopped by the gendarmes during that period. Only sort of.
Old 09-01-2012, 15:06   #3

Boat: Manta 40 "Reach"
Re: Drivers License for Green Cove Springs resident info

We changed our drivers license in New Smyrna Beach and Fernandino with no problems or questions.

Mark

You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
colemj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 16:06   #4

We also "live in GCS" and got our Fl licenses at Palm Coast. Even got our voters reg cards. We're in Marathon now, leaving for Bahamas in a week, so we will ask around and see if others have had ur problem here.
Dual Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
license