Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-12-2017, 02:11   #286

Boat: 1995 Larson Cabrio
Re: Civil Rights Attorney Needed Marathon FL

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1513505461.054659.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	160644
Joe from ny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 05:39   #287

Boat: Tartan 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzo b View Post
There are vast areas of the world where cops don't exist, very calm, beautiful, and exiting. You have a boat, use it.
One really has to live outside the USA a few years to appreciate how militarized the culture there has become.

Yes and it is becoming an increasing problem as we go. We got cops looking like soldiers in a combat field. Looks like we became the enemy. All different topics...
maijipo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 15:40   #288
smj

Boat: TRT 1200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker37 View Post
Maybe the FWC is harassing everyone on mooring balls because they know no one keeps up with matenence of thier boats or has the right safety equipment on board knowing that almost everyone living on boats at boot key is using boats as a house.What irma did to dam near every boat in that mooring area was proof that boaters there dont give a rats a $$ about thier boats.Now the FWC and salvage companies is cleaning up the deralict boats off the bottom and mangroves at tax payer expense.

If the pay was higher then maybe some of the workers could afford to live on land, but sadly it isn't so.
The mooring field would have probably faired pretty well if it wasn't for the anchored boats breaking loose, and I'm sure quite a few of those were under maintained vessels with under maintained anchoring gear. The holding in BKH is great if the right ground tackle is used.
smj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 16:02   #289
CLOD

Boat: none

Here at Boot Key there’s a big empty spot where the delict pos boats cleared a section iwhen they went across the field. Personally I’m not all that interested the rights of pos boats, I’m interested in their boats not putting my boat at risk.
Old 17-12-2017, 16:06   #290
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorboy1 View Post
Here at Boot Key there’s a big empty spot where the delict pos boats cleared a section iwhen they went across the field. Personally I’m not all that interested the rights of pos boats, I’m interested in their boats not putting my boat at risk.

Pretty sure your talking about the flats, never was nor will there ever be a boat anchored or moored in that area, to shallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 17-12-2017, 17:39   #291
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 38

Every time I see the boats where people are living cause they can’t afford to live anywhere else, it sobers me, cause I know that there were many times in my life that could have gone differently and that be me.
a64pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-2017, 17:55   #292
smj

Quote:
Originally Posted by a64pilot View Post
Every time I see the boats where people are living cause they can’t afford to live anywhere else, it sobers me, cause I know that there were many times in my life that could have gone differently and that be me.

Some are living on boats out of necessity and others because they want to. All in all the majority seem happy and are really decent people.
Also, some people's dream boat is another's pos, it's all relative as there is usually someone who will consider themselves above the others.