Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-02-2011, 20:26   #151
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
I'll believe it when I see it. Which will apparently be quite some time, considering there is no testing, no data, no pix, no web site and no product!
Old 02-02-2011, 20:38   #152
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cooper 416 Honeysuckle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwain View Post
However it does work otherwise I wouldn't be putting my time and energy into getting anecdotal proof and developing a website to show and sell the technology.
Anecdotes aren't proof and suggesting you wouldn't put time and energy in if it didn't work really is meaningless as well. The snake oil salesmen you mentioned earlier all have anecdotes and all put time into selling the product. If you want to be seen as different and taken seriously you might consider verifiable, independant testing complete with blind controls.

Old 02-02-2011, 22:43   #153

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Meaningful arbitrary random anecdotal irrefutable proof

I reckon the best way to get his project off the ground is to install the system on the boats of half a dozen experienced, actively sailing CF members here, particularly vocal, opinionated ones
based in different parts of the world. Maybe South pacific, UK, Med, Aus, PNW, and an actively roving boat (maybe MarkJ?... he's been a bit quiet... found himself an Island Girl maybe... or 3?)

If the results are as good as he believes they'd be, he'll sell thousands right here and his business will be up and running... no propellor heads... just propellor tales... (spelling and pun intended)

I for one would love it to work

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
Old 02-02-2011, 23:33   #154

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: We're technically refugees from our home in Yemen now living in Lebenon
Boat: 1978 CT48
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
I reckon the best way to get his project off the ground is to install the system on the boats of half a dozen experienced, actively sailing CF members here, particularly vocal, opinionated ones
based in different parts of the world. Maybe South pacific, UK, Med, Aus, PNW, and an actively roving boat (maybe MarkJ?... he's been a bit quiet... found himself an Island Girl maybe... or 3?)

If the results are as good as he believes they'd be, he'll sell thousands right here and his business will be up and running... no propellor heads... just propellor tales... (spelling and pun intended)

I for one would love it to work
I'd add Lebanon to your list...then second this most excellent idea.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53   #155
cruiser

Boat: Cowther 43 - Hunter 40.5
Bagwain. Of course we are going to be skeptical when someone joins the forum with zero post count, then claims they have seen a system that works and it turns out they are affiliated with the system. This against all previous evidence showing these systems do not work. Getting all upset at our healthy skepticism will not help your sales. Showing real world proof it works will. As suggested, if your system does work, all you need to do is give it to a few cruisers members and the results will speak for themselves. You wont need to say anything, your product will sell itself and the doubters will probably end up installing the system on their boats.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:14   #156
CLOD

Boat: none
We of course really are interested. But we are sure the people who have developed the current systems make the same claims.

We wait for the years of experience proof! And in the year I could probably never bring myself to pay one of these systems unless it came with a performance guarantee.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:38   #157
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
If the products presently on the market offer “explanations of how it works [which] are ridiculous”, I’m sure you’d be anxious to offer a more plausible explanation.

What exactly do you mean by “scientifically verifiable frequencies” [which are secret]? Isn't any frequency verifyable?

Old 03-02-2011, 04:18   #158
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Gord.... maybe its more the sequence he's worried about... he's worried someone will find out its a Demis Roussos number played ultra sonic...
But seriously... how will all the 'Ultrasonic's' affect other marine life in the area... if say there's 30 pulsating boats suddenly appear on some quiet anchorage

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 03-02-2011, 05:47   #159

I love you guys!!!!!
Obviously some have only read what they wanted too and just lay the boot in!!!!

Isn't some boat "1500 klms" away that I not have anything to with blind???
Isn't some Commercial Ferry with 2 hulls a blind experiment?????????
Apologies for being a newbie her but for %^&$* sake: have to start some where!!!!!

It is working and the owner has paid.

By the way the frequencies are secret.

Cars will never take over. they will never replace the horse & cart!!!!!!!

Errrr for the website - can't you read - under construction!!!
How do some of you guys actually skipper a boat (For those that deserve it)!!!!

Anyway it is selling now and I ain't loosing any sleep!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 05:55   #160

Explaination

Although I really don't mind arguing wit skeptics it has become tedious.
They will always be there.
Some would not believe that we have over unity devices!!!! YES
But that is another story

Have a read of this for those that have unsalted and working brains!!!
Attached Files
File Type: doc Working principles of WR Electronic System Marine.doc (68.0 KB, 118 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 06:19   #161
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwain View Post
... By the way the frequencies are secret (Can't U understand) or is this just the same old ignorance about the future ...
I understand that the exact frequencies are secret.
I don't understand what you mean by a "scientifically verifiable" frequency.

I also understand that you believe others to be spouting nonsensical explanations; but don't offer an alternative, yourself.*

I hope you don't think that telling us to piss off, and calling us wankers, is the way to win friends and influence people.

It's not. Neither is that sort of rudeness permitted on this Forum.

* PS:
My apologies: I see that you've added your own ridiculous explanation.

Old 03-02-2011, 06:20   #162

Boat: Georgian 23 Whiskeyjack
Bagwain, I understand that you are not a propellerhead, and I understand the cost of testing... and apparently you are not much a salesman either.

you have badly misread the skeptics here. The skeptics are the majority of your market, espically a market rife with snake oil. Moreover, a converted skeptic is your best customer, and your best advertising.

Nobody here has said they won't buy your product- they have all said PROVE to me that it is worth what you SAY it is worth, and I WILL buy it. Show them the value. It's Sales 101: Feature, Advantage, Benefit.

So far, you haven't demonstrated the value of your product to remove a thin skin of growth, but you have demonstrated that you have a thin skin of your own.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:37   #163
cruiser

Boat: Cowther 43 - Hunter 40.5
Quote:
Moreover, a converted skeptic is your best customer, and your best advertising.

Nobody here has said they won't buy your product- they have all said PROVE to me that it is worth what you SAY it is worth, and I WILL buy it.
I pretty much said that, and added carrying on like the way you do with tantrums wont help and is not professional.

Bagwain: I think you (like a certain anchor salesman) need to hire someone skilled in public relations and literacy to come on forums like this if you cant take the heat. Carrying on like a whiny child will only serve piss everyone off to the extent they will refuse to buy your product, even if it is good just so they don't have to deal with you. But you are a long way of proving it is good yet. But even I (like the rest of the skeptics) would be interested in buying and promoting your system if it really worked, provided you seem like a stable person worth dealing with. But you aren't going that well in that department at the moment either.

By they way, I really can't see how the "frequencies" will remain secret as soon as someone measures the output with a listening device.
Old 03-02-2011, 06:58   #164

Tell people about your great new miracle product and, when they express a bit of skepticism, get defensive and start insulting them. You see it often enough, but I think it would be lesson number 1 in "How to Offend Customers and Lose Sales."

Honestly Bagwain, the very best thing that you could do at this point, to promote your business among the users of this forum, is to STOP POSTING! You are only digging yourself in deeper and deeper, and alienating more and more potential customers.

(Of course, I don't actually expect that you will listen to this advice.)
Old 03-02-2011, 07:28   #165

Boat: Tartan 34C
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualVagabond View Post
I reckon the best way to get his project off the ground is to install the system on the boats of half a dozen experienced, actively sailing CF members here, particularly vocal, opinionated ones based in different parts of the world. Maybe South pacific, UK, Med, Aus, PNW, and an actively roving boat.
If the results are as good as he believes they'd be, he'll sell thousands right here and his business will be up and running.
I'd like to cast a vote for the North Carolina coastline as a real-world testing site. We have already conducted totally blind tests of malt beverages of varying concentrations, and the results were amazing.

John
Closed Thread

Tags
anti-fouling