Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-01-2017, 02:02   #31

Boat: Custom 55
Re: Remember 'breaking all the rules?'

Just for kicks, I took a look at soldboats, not there.

Maybe it will remain a mystery...
TJ D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 07:05   #32

Boat: Valiant 40

Perseverance against the hard rock of ignorance can in fact lead to continued progress. Scoobert, of all people, is still living the dream I recently noticed...although he's been stuck for four years in Florida. I guess that 1,000' of 3.8" chain he was planning on hauling around for anchoring in the Arctic has not been used...
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 07:33   #33

Boat: Custom 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suijin View Post
Perseverance against the hard rock of ignorance
Thank you for this... I will find many opportunities to use this phrase, if you don't mind me poaching it, that is.
TJ D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 08:41   #34

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuM View Post
No, that's not it.
Thanks also. I didn't think it looked the same.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2017, 14:56   #35

I have just read the complete "Breaking all the rules Thread". I lie I skipped nearly all the pages after Homeless left the forum.
I suspect the he now doubts the wisdom of the whole project, but I have done the same several times myself, with far worse consequences.

Whatever you make of it all, because there is much to be admired in what he has done, there is no excuse for the trolling that taken place. Lots of the trolling was down at the lowest level of Twitter.
As for the suggestion that it may not be true, you should be ashamed of yourselves.

It doesn't do much for the reputation of CF as a serious place for discussion other than at a superficial level.
Bluebeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 09:14   #36

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

I don't think it was trolling. As I recall I got a PM from Homeless. I wish he didn't get POed and leave. I could find some empathy for him and hope it worked out well.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2017, 09:42   #37

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

The boat was listed on Yachtworld from a reputable broker. How/why could he have faked that?

Matt
Old 18-01-2017, 11:34   #38

Boat: Truant Triad 37 Cutter-Alaska, Leopard 40 Cat, Bahamas

Over the last several days I read the whole thread. While I think it's pretty disgusting that so many posters sent flagrant nasties flying at "Homeless", there were far more that supported him, though he never once gave any notice to that at all. I wondered why he even posted, since he sure didn't care for pats on his back, and took exception to the critics. For a long time, he put up with it pretty well, but at the end, he got all huffy about people with differing opinions on the sales end, the money, etc.

And that is the whole problem with the whole project! Doing all that for the money, and to end up with some egg on your face after describing in infinite detail all the struggles and problems with the boat became too much to live up to. Not reality! Yes, he can come out even possibly, but doing this for money purposes was never going to work out.

The buyers can find out about all of this, right here! I wouldn't buy this boat because of the hull issues, NOT his attention to all the other details. He did great things, and spent $$$ on everything except the number one problem with this boat: the integrity of that very compromised hull. If it can be said that whomever buys this boat is someone well off, with the money to own and maintain it, why would they put themselves plus their guests in possible jeopardy every single time they took this boat out, given the extraordinary fact that this boat has developed leaks not once, twice or even a few times but quite often, considering how little time it spent cruising vs. being worked on in yards or at the dock, in ai
seahag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
member, rule