Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-03-2021, 00:20   #16
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.
Re: Relay Wiring - Shower Sump - Help Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFO View Post
I got that and the Diagram was pretty clear, but when attaching the Pump to 87A it came on without any input from the switch or Float, but when attaching to 87 it worked as it should - Maybe I misread the schematic on the side of the relay and confused 87 & 87A pins - I'll check next time i'm on the boat
OK.

FWIW, pin 87A is the pin in the 'middle' of the 5 pins on the base of the relay.

Pin 87 has the same orientation as pin 87A while pin 30 is 90 degrees to these (87 & 87A).

Pin 30, 31 and 15 are all the same orientation.

You probably know this already !
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2024, 15:24   #17

I’m doing this same replacement of the Scheiber relay. I have the Hella timed relay with the pins 30, 31, 15, 87 & 87a. I’m struggling with where the 6 wires from the old relay connect. I think the battery + and - go to 30 and 31. What about the 2 wires from the pump and the float switch?
TonyP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2024, 15:20   #18

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP2000 View Post
I’m doing this same replacement of the Scheiber relay. I have the Hella timed relay with the pins 30, 31, 15, 87 & 87a. I’m struggling with where the 6 wires from the old relay connect. I think the battery + and - go to 30 and 31. What about the 2 wires from the pump and the float switch?
I am reposting a Rev 1 of the circuit posted in Post #7. I have updated with comments and descriptors, also showing the Hella de-energised state better graphically. Follow these terminations and you should be good.

Post back with your success or issues.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Crusier Forum Modified Sump Circuit_Rev1.pdf (230.1 KB, 11 views)
OldGreyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2024, 07:04   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreyB View Post
I am reposting a Rev 1 of the circuit posted in Post #7. I have updated with comments and descriptors, also showing the Hella de-energised state better graphically. Follow these terminations and you should be good.

Post back with your success or issues.
I sincerely appreciate your response and additional efforts making the updates. I am still hoping for a simpler explanation as I struggle to understand some of these diagrams. A simplified answer, for my electrical intellect, means something like this: battery + to post 30, battery - to post 31, pump + to post 87…..
TonyP2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 14:26   #20

Boat: Lagoon 400

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyP2000 View Post
I sincerely appreciate your response and additional efforts making the updates. I am still hoping for a simpler explanation as I struggle to understand some of these diagrams. A simplified answer, for my electrical intellect, means something like this: battery + to post 30, battery - to post 31, pump + to post 87…..
Without knowledge of your boats existing wiring, its difficult to advise further.

One way foward is for you look at the Rev 1 diagam and trace from each number on the relay to the connected device. Then locate that device on your boat, the appropriate wire , then connect that to the relay numbered terminal, one connection at a time.

Another and perhaps better way forward is local yachting communities are normally helpful sharing folks. Approach a local with basic boat wiring knowledge to assist.
OldGreyB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower, shower sump, wiring