Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 31-05-2015, 06:51   #1

Re-coating kiwi grip tips?

I had a few places where my kiwi grip didn't adhere properly. I sanded off these 'spots' and now need to fill them in with paint again.

Any suggestions?

I'm trying to only apply and texture the spots that need it and since you roll it on, what will it do to the places already painted?

Christian Gould
St. Paul, MN
S/V Sea Dog
Apostle Islands Lake Superior
ketchcng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2015, 20:21   #2
cpa

Boat: Compass 47
Re: Re-coating kiwi grip tips?

I have done a few touch ups on areas where I dripped epoxy or removed old hardware. I found taping for the re-coat was a mistake. Taping left lines that made the re-coat obvious. The areas I did without taping were much less obvious.

When I did the re-coat, I just spread it on in the repaired area with a plastic spreader and used the roller as usual. I did lightly roll the Kiwi Grip out from the repair area into the good areas in an attempt to blend it. It turned out very nice.
cpa is offline   Reply With Quote