Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Construction, Maintenance & Refit
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-09-2015, 02:16   #46

Boat: Swanson 42 & Kelly Peterson 44
Re: Marinized Kubota Engine . . . What Are the Differences ?

Otya, what you suggest is possible, and would certainly be neat. But I think I will back up a bit and remove that front cutless altogether. It was an interesting experiment but I honestly don't think we need it, the prop shaft is very short and thick, and I now believe the flexible coupling on the back of the gearbox provides plenty of support. The guy who made the recommendation of fitting it was probably correct for most situations, just not our particular setup. Sometimes you just have to give things a try and see how they work out. It helps if you are doing the work yourself, at least the costs are contained.
Old 13-11-2015, 17:41   #47

Boat: Beneteau 393

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostyman View Post
I am marineizing a Kubota Z482 into basically a Beta 14. I have learned that the serial number is everything. If you have a branded Kubota, you cannot buy parts from Beta. The same for Deere or Kubota. You need to provide the S/N when ordering parts, if it is not correct to your provider you are out of luck. I have found parts and willing to share info if asked. Here are pictures of what I have so far.Attachment 109362Attachment 109363[ATTACH]109364[/ATTACH

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Hi Ghostyman, Where did you get the water cooled manifold? I'm looking for one for my genset/watermaker project. Z782 sitting in the garage waiting to be marinized.
adventurejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2015, 17:49   #48

Here is the link. I have done extensive research in this and have several links that wil make it easier. Exhaust Manifold Heat Exchanger Manicooler Kubota Z482
ghostyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:18   #49

Dear all
I found this topic and I see it was a long time ago. But I have problems with my engine which is marinized Kubota d722 engine. I did it myself and it has been working with moderate problems since two years. The main problem that I have now is the belt. Sea water pump is driven by belt and the v-belt is cut by wrong position of the wheels (mostly raw water pump).
There is simple solution of this problem which I can not apply - there is dedicated pump for this engine (for example from beta20). But my front cover does not have place (it is blinded) for it. So I think I could install the pump in the place where hydraulic pump is mounted (at the rear side of injection pump).
My question is - does anybody know what pump (manufacturer model number) should I buy that will fit place where hydraulic pump is mounted?
thank you in advance for your help,
with best regards,
Jaromir

p.s. Because I have limited English I hope it is understandable.
jaromirj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:09   #50

Boat: ‘01 Catana 401

Here is the pump that’s mounted on my kubota d1105 Behind the injection pump.

https://www.pumpagents.com/Oberdorfe.../N202M-17.html

I don’t know if the D722 and the 05 series engines share a common hydraulic pump drive mount though.
Sailmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:35   #51

Thank you very much Sailmonkey,
I am not sure it will fit d722, but I found brochure and it will be very helpful. So I think it is very good lead.
thanks again
Jaromir
Old 02-10-2021, 10:19   #52

Boat: 15' Catboat, Bristol 35.5

I marinized a new kubota D1105. It's a 3000 rpm, 25 HP engine. Beta and Nanni use the same engine at 3600 rpm and 30 HP. It's a relatively simple process. I bought a Nanni bell housing, jabsco water pump">raw water pump, Bowman heat exchanger.
kmacdonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 18:34   #53

Boat: Island Packet 40

I marinized a Kubota V2203 for my last boat. When it came to the raw water pump I either found that the Johnston pump for that engine was too expensive or there was not one available so bought one which had the correct end for the slotted auxiliary drive on the camshaft and made an adapter from aluminium.
Old 22-10-2021, 17:09   #54

Boat: CT 44

I replace my yanmar with a Beta 60. The biggest advantage for me was the ease of servicing. No Tirbo to remove to get to Heat exchanger. Built in oil hand pump to change oil. The biggest difference was how easy to get to impeller in front of engine. Love this naturally aspirated engine.
treborniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2021, 00:19   #55

Thank you for you replay,
I marinized the Kubota engine with no experience. I could not find a lot of information about that and the main assumption was to install the belt driven pump. Because it was done improperly, i decided to install flange mount type of pump. I found there are dedicated pumps for this engine (beta 20 and nanni 3.21) but all of them has place in the front cover of this engine (Kubota d722). I did some searching and i have found there are two kinds of front cover. One is with place for mounting the pump, in the second one this place is blinded. SO i decided not to touch the front cover and try to find the pump mounted behind injection pump.
all the best
jaromir
Old 27-10-2021, 02:15   #56

After making a lot of searching via google i think i found the proper pump - it fits kubota d902 which has the same socket. It is Oberdorfer N202M-24. But i was not able to find it in any internet store. After more searching i found the company in Poland which was able to import this pump. The price I got is about $1000. Thus i think i will buy pump that fits beta 20 and will ask for preparing adapter. It will be much cheaper then $1000.
best
Jaromir

Tags
engine