Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2016, 12:02   #16

Boat: 1962 Columbia 29 MK 1 #37
Re: Hull thickness comparisons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastward ho 24 View Post
Ok thank you every one. Messing around with the coach roof from the inside it looks like the hull liner may be attached to the deck using chop gun method ( I only guess) at the bow where the deck joint and the liner ends if I get my fingers up there I can feel the strands. I poped out a port light and there I could clearly see deck and the liner with no filler between at the boat it's different though. I'll have investigate further
In my old Columbia 24 from 1965 it too had a liner and it was joined, or glued together with cabin top in places with mat which may be why it looks like chopper gun. I too had places where there were gaps and just space between liner and cabin, so that is normal. When you drill through to mount a fitting you may get a dimple when the liner gets pulled close to the cabin top. From what you have described in general it sounds like you have a tough little boat that is a little on the heavy side, maybe for sailing the North Sea?
1962 Columbia 29 MKI #37
Don C L is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hull