Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-05-2013, 09:58   #1

Boat: Beneteau 393
Beneteau 393 Decals

Hello everybody,

Our latest boat is a 2005 Beneteau 393 (2 cabin version) that we bought out of charter and have refitted it up to a very good standard. For those thinking of buying out of charter, there are some issues to be aware of, but generally we received a very good product for a very good value.

The boat came with all of the decals removed (Sunsail/Moorings do this routinely - don't know why) and we would like to replace those. The boat is on the hard in Grenada and we would like to return with the decals ready to be installed. I have the measurements of the line between ports and the stern and bow, but I am at a loss as to the height of the letters and the seahorse logo.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why Beneteau ignores this after market sale or at the least, provide a source or measurements. The other problem is that I have seen 393's with different model names. (outside of charter)

Some say "Beneteau 393", others "Beneteau Oceanis 393" and others yet "Beneteau Oceanis 393" with "Clipper" underneath the line.

Any 393 or 40 foot owners able to provide me with the rough dimensions of the Seahorse logo at the front, and the height and length of the Beneteau logo at the back. I found working with classic cars, that it was easier to determine the exact factory model and options on a 40 y. o. car then it is to find the model and options as built of a Beneteau. Surely they must be proud of their boats, and would want them to be up to standard. Any help, is appreciated.
twrdocktor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2013, 11:20   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 393
Re: Beneteau 393 Decals

Did you look on the Beneteau parts site? Also, if you are not part of the email list and Facebook group you might want to ask there as well.

I am the opposite of you. I like to remove the manufacturer decals.

http://spareparts.beneteausa.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/370453129733965/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/beneteau393/
mikepmtl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau