Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-10-2013, 07:29   #226

Re: 60 ft on the Chesapeake - It Begins !

Hey Vic! Glad you guys made it across! Man you are almost home. I can't believe it was just a few short months ago you were right here. I bet you won't be missing those super cold and windy nights on the boat in the Chesapeake. Glad you are safe and still moving west. I understand you have a few bits to spruce up before moving along. I have been keeping up via Atoll.
DSDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 06:38   #227

Best start to a new year ever. On a mooring ball in Annapolis. Great fireworks last night! Good times

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20140101_093615.png
Views:	218
Size:	395.1 KB
ID:	73105

Name:	ForumRunner_20140101_093631.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	73106

Name:	ForumRunner_20140101_093721.png
Views:	233
Size:	375.0 KB
ID:	73107

Nice sail up and along side our dock mates geopowers.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:11   #228

Boat: Beneteau 393

It was a blast! Cold, but for January we had decent conditions and good sailing on the way up. Always fun to have front row seats for the fireworks show with no one else around you! A few pics of Nirvana mid-sailplan change, and motoring on the way back. Hopefully we'll get the chance to do this again next year one way or another.

Frank
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2254.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	412.2 KB
ID:	73268   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2271.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	410.9 KB
ID:	73269  

Name:	IMG_2284.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	465.0 KB
ID:	73270  
GeoPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17   #229

Those are some great pics! Thanks!
Old 29-03-2014, 05:19   #230

Well this is news. I sold Nirvana! I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around that but I did it. She is a great boat. I have no regrets for buying her and working on her this last two years and I have learned so much both from here and you good folks and actually sailing and working on the boat. So why did I do it? Mostly the job and the kids college fund and the fact that real retirement is ten years down the road. I believe the new owners will take good care of her and continue her restoration and you all will be seeing her in the Caribbean soon. It's been great fun and hard work. I will get another boat... But if I don't this will certainly be a memorable life experience on which i will always remember with great happiness.

Sent from my XT1030 using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Old 29-03-2014, 05:44   #231
cruiser

That was a quick one, not gonna go cruising? Give us the details!
Horror Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 05:55   #232

Man plans God laughs. She was initially bought to be an outlet for the family to learn on and hang on. We all thought it was a great idea... But kids being what and who they are in their teen years rapidly find other things to do. That combined with the fact that I will be moving several times over the next few years with my job now and the specter of funding college educations for three kids all added up to it being the right thing to do. I was not actively trying to sell her mind you but the opportunity presented itself with no brokers and no drama so I took that as the cosmic Woo giving me a sign. We will go cruising... Just not as soon as I had thought originally.

Old 29-03-2014, 06:16   #233

DSDMAN
I certainly understand the whole kid thing. By the time I got a boat big enough for everyone to sleep on in their own cabin the kids found other thing to do like work, school other hobbies.
You did a great job on the boat while you had her and the last time I saw her I was impressed. I will miss seeing her on the Chesapeake Bay.
Good luck with the job, I have the deepest respect for what you do. If you feel the need to sail this summer give me a call, we have plenty of room for you and the family.
Stay in touch

ShaunJ

ShaunJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 06:20   #234
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDman View Post
Man plans God laughs. She was initially bought to be an outlet for the family to learn on and hang on. We all thought it was a great idea... But kids being what and who they are in their teen years rapidly find other things to do. That combined with the fact that I will be moving several times over the next few years with my job now and the specter of funding college educations for three kids all added up to it being the right thing to do. I was not actively trying to sell her mind you but the opportunity presented itself with no brokers and no drama so I took that as the cosmic Woo giving me a sign. We will go cruising... Just not as soon as I had thought originally.

congratulations on selling the boat,i'm sure it has been a great learning experince,one that will stand you in good stead for your next boat.

thanks for keeping the thread updated it was informative and inspiring for others undertaking similar projects.

just getting started again on my own catamaran fit out project after a long cold wet winter........all the best atoll
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 06:39   #235
cruiser

In hindsight would a 35' boat been a more used addition to the family? You did a ton of work to not spend a few years on it.
Horror Hotel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 07:20   #236

Boat: Cabo Rico 38 & Sea Sprite 30

Wow! I knew I recognized this boat. I have just taken a slip on U docks at HHS and I am quite sure "Nirvana" is right there in the last slip of the pier. Suppose she'll be leaving soon?
CR38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 07:59   #237

Yes the new owners will be taking her to Florida in the next day or so. Kind of funny.. She started out life being built in Largo Florida and was originally named Miss Florida then taken to the med for charter then taken to the islands and make Prima Donna then taken up to New York named Nirvana and now returning to Florida. The new owners may keep the name. I originally was going to change it but it grew on me and never did. HH no a smaller boat would have been used less. The wife doesn't like the motion of smaller boats. She felt most comfortable on this big old heavy girl with a big center cockpit. She told me many times I could get a smaller boat but I would be on it alone. So for me the bigger boat was the only option. Thanks Shaun I will! Atoll thanks for all the encouragement and the wit. Good luck on your refit. I too am ready for winter to make a hasty exit.

Old 29-03-2014, 08:49   #238

Boat: Beneteau 393

Dislike! Will you be down any more? We still have that adieu gift for you. Of course, you are obviously welcome to visit anytime. Mike will keep you on the mailing list if you want!

CR38, hi and looking forward to meeting you. U-Dock is awesome with lots of good folks here, but a little less awesome now that Nirvana and crew are gone.

Frank
GeoPowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2014, 08:57   #239

I was there yesterday but you guys were still at work I think. Yes Jenn and I will swing back by. Thanks you guys didn't have to do that. CR38. U dock is awesome.

Tags
paracelle