Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-07-2013, 09:23   #211

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!
Re: 60 ft on the Chesapeake - It Begins !

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDman View Post
Sailing last weekend on the chesapeake.

Attachment 64695

Attachment 64696
Or may have been weekend before. I'm in a time warp zone. Is it me are is the summer flying by? These pics are from other sailboats on the dock, SV Braveheart and Godspeed. As they were passing me! in light air I don't go very fast, but I sure do enjoy the ride. A my sailing skill improves I hope I will pick up some speed and get the crew to go out in more challenging weather...still taking baby steps.
Looking really good, Scott.
Finally living the dream... lol!

Vic

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2013, 21:47   #212

Boat: SeaRay 440 Motor Yacht

That's cool, hope they work out well! Good luck with the install, hope it goes smoothly!
jmcdboater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 17:52   #213

Boat: Island Packet 35
Let us know if u ever need an extra hand(s). Wife and I liveaboard up at HHN.
Hotel L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2013, 18:13   #214

Thanks hotel l, I certainly will. I can guarantee you we won't go fast...but we go. Pm your number because it's usually fairly last minute planning.
DSDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2013, 05:04   #215

Boat: Voyage 470 "SeaPaws II"
HotelL

We have our boat in shady side, what do you sail. Maybe a cruisers forum raft up is in order. DSM are you up above the bridge...... Maybe we should start a thread for something soon as the temps drop and the winds get pleasant. We are in the BVI's till Thursday. My wife can't sail this weekend , I may be looking for crew or somewhere to go.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 14:43   #216

Pirates and wenches party in rock hall next weekend. I'm trying to talk the admiral into it, she is afraid because she is not 100% sure about where we will anchor, or can get a slip. Sure sounds fun though.
Old 30-07-2013, 18:10   #217

Boat: Island Packet 35
Ok...not sure about a BVI trip this weekend. We liveaboard a Island Packet so not Speed Records set here. Just love good wind, good drinks, & good conversation! In that order :-)
Hotel L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 19:21   #218

Boat: Voyage 470 "SeaPaws II"
We get back to Maryland on Thursday night. Not sure about this weekend. When is pirates and wenches ,on the tenth? I might could do that . We like rock hall , good raft up in swan creek..

Love good wind,too! Today we had17-20 kts of wind and wer sailing at 7-8 kts. NICE DAY!!!.. Tacked a few times back and forth between JosVanDyke ,Sophers and CaneArden Bay and now moored in Great Harbor, tomorrow is the last day for this trip.
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2013, 18:32   #219

All the AC units have arrived, will begin installation next week. Still working on the ceilings and I also got a hot water heater, electric and heat exchanger. As an update just been hanging on the boat doing projects and enjoying the summer with the wife and the kids. Living aboard has been working out well. Been sailing a good bit and learning. Thinking about the winter.
Old 06-09-2013, 18:33   #220

Nice weekend on the boat last weekend. Went sailing twice and had a blast. I really do like the slip we are in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213101.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	66607

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213119.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	66608

Name:	ForumRunner_20130906_213144.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	66609
Old 06-09-2013, 20:05   #221

Boat: Ericson 27

well I just finished reading through it all - congrats, I'm floored by all the work you have done on your home. She's beautiful.
Tomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 20:56   #222

Thanks Tomi it's been a little over a year and I feel OK with the progress I've made. I have learned a bunch and learn more with every new project. I just took out the old water maker, it is an echo tec unit. I will keep it until I need it then have it serviced and reinstall it at some point in the future. Im installing a new water heater in its place now. I have three of the four new AC units in and they are working great! I look forward to sailing this winter in some real wind and continue honing my sailing skills. Maybe this winter I can sort out the tanks and figure out where a water leak is coming from. I really hope I don't have to rip up the floors and replace the tanks.....I do love the boat, she is a true blue water cruiser and very easy to manage under sail. Nirvana is super solid under foot and is an excellent ride even in fairly rough seas and strong wind. When I bought her I said five years to make her ship shape again and so far i'm pleased with my progress. Sometimes it's slow and frustrating but still fun and challenging.
Old 27-09-2013, 21:24   #223

Nice to hear all is well, it nice to see you got the AC working just in time for fall, maybe you will have the heat working by spring

So Scott, we are in Annapolis for a few days and thought we would make it down to see you this week but we got a spot on the wall and don't feel like leaving until they cut us loose on Sunday for the boat show.

Let me know if you are in the area, I would like to see you and your much better half.

ShaunJ

ShaunJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2013, 19:06   #224

Getting colder here on the bay and work has slowed a bit. I did today finally get around to installing the mast boot well actually I bought the kit that you mix up and pour around the mast. Man is that stuff a mess. The learning curve is steep. Next time I'll do better. But this time I did get it done and I don't think that thing will ever leak. I've been staining all the wood in the boat. Lots of work this winter planned. Wood and wiring with plumbing on top. Heaters are working great! Pictures in a couple of weeks.
Old 29-10-2013, 03:44   #225

Boat: CT 54... for our sins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSDman View Post
Getting colder here on the bay and work has slowed a bit. I did today finally get around to installing the mast boot well actually I bought the kit that you mix up and pour around the mast. Man is that stuff a mess. The learning curve is steep. Next time I'll do better. But this time I did get it done and I don't think that thing will ever leak. I've been staining all the wood in the boat. Lots of work this winter planned. Wood and wiring with plumbing on top. Heaters are working great! Pictures in a couple of weeks.
You're doing great!
Just got into Savu Savu in Fiji... 15 days at sea from Bora Bora. You are going to love the way big ketches sail!

Vic

www.windwanderer.weebly.com
VirtualVagabond is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
paracelle