Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2022, 19:45   #16

Re: Volvo Penta MD17D repairable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVsunyata222 View Post
Hey Mark-
Just saw your 2 year old post.
I have an original Md17D in my 1985 Contest 36s.
I bought an old MD17C from a guy who was empowering and pulled off all the goodies for back up parts.

I had a heat exchanger shop in Bellingham, WA tend to the cleaning of the extra HE, but they ended up splitting the body of it while trying to make a mend while glazing.

Do you still have parts? More specifically the FW heat exchanger. If so where are you located? Would be interested in picking up an extra before we cross the pacific. Would be interested in any gaskets or the round but squared O-Rings that VP uses for seating the cooling system.

Cheers!
Brandon
I do not have the original heat exchanger. It was a pain as it sat on top of the manifold and chafed the fuel lines etc etc. I had a heat exchanger manufactured by San Juan Engineering for a very reasonable price. I do not have it either. I do not have consummables such as o-rings/gaskets etc. I have two manifolds, fw pump, injector pump(s), raw water pumps. I would have to check to see what else I have..Located in Burlington WA.
mark maulden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 19:51   #17

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVsunyata222 View Post
Hey Mark-
Just saw your 2 year old post.
I have an original Md17D in my 1985 Contest 36s.
I bought an old MD17C from a guy who was empowering and pulled off all the goodies for back up parts.

I had a heat exchanger shop in Bellingham, WA tend to the cleaning of the extra HE, but they ended up splitting the body of it while trying to make a mend while glazing.

Do you still have parts? More specifically the FW heat exchanger. If so where are you located? Would be interested in picking up an extra before we cross the pacific. Would be interested in any gaskets or the round but squared O-Rings that VP uses for seating the cooling system.

Cheers!
Brandon
Since new my MD17D has had a 3rd party heat exchanger mounted on the bulkhead next to the engine with a header tank above that.

Its one of these from Bowman
https://ej-bowman.com/wp-content/upl...0-3-scaled.jpg
About £500 new
Old 04-06-2022, 19:56   #18

Boat: Westerly Sealord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark maulden View Post
I do not have the original heat exchanger. It was a pain as it sat on top of the manifold and chafed the fuel lines etc etc. I had a heat exchanger manufactured by San Juan Engineering for a very reasonable price. I do not have it either. I do not have consummables such as o-rings/gaskets etc. I have two manifolds, fw pump, injector pump(s), raw water pumps. I would have to check to see what else I have..Located in Burlington WA.
Those FW pumps are rare as hens' teeth.

A rebuilt fuel lift pump is also a fine thing to have.

Tags
volvo, penta