Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Engines and Propulsion Systems
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-05-2024, 16:38   #1

Boat: Boréal 47
Max Power Compact Bow Thruster - troubleshooting

We are splashing in 2 days and my NEW bow thruster is not working.

Max Power Compact Retract, 12V/24V, vintage 2023. Total usage last year = 20 minutes.

Boat has been on the hard for nearly 6 months.

During winter, we did some testing. The thruster went down but would not come back up. We thought our 12 V AGMs were worn out so we left it in down position for many months. Finally changed the batteries.

Yesterday: power in manual mode. Unit would stop raising the thruster in 2 different spots. We were able to baby it up and down a few times. It never went all the way up without stopping. As a result, we could not perform the up/down calibration as it would stop on the way up, way short of full closure. So we closed it in the manual mode and left it at that.

Today: started unit in manual mode. Lowered the unit fully and stopped it AT THE BREAKER. Washed the compartment best I could.

Turned breaker back on. Unit automatically retracted all the way up (as it should).

Problem: I can no longer enter manual mode or calibration mode. The thruster is now stuck in the UP position. It will not move anymore.

To turn unit on, I have to turn on in NORMAL mode. The ON LED and DOWN LED are flashing. The UP LED is solid green. I can get them to ALL flash by pressing all 3 keys for 3 seconds (I think that takes me to manual mode). In that situation, if I press the UP button, it goes solid Green right away (makes sense, unit is all the way up). If I press the DOWN button, nothing happens.

There is no guide to indicate what the LED flash sequence means.

I am hoping that someone can get me out of this jam. I do not know what else to do short of changing out the controller which is essentially new. I am sick of being a boat owner.
fredct is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power