Cruisers Forum

View Poll Results: How often have you experienced significant bad fuel problems?
More than twice and to the extent the engine won't run and/or needed multiple filter changes. 13 17.33%
Once or twice and just required a single filter change. 21 28.00%
Never 41 54.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2015, 00:23   #61

Boat: Now we need to get her to Louisiana !! she's ours
Re: Good Diesel & Bad Diesel Poll

We have bought Diesel all over the Pacific, and the Carrib, and everywhere along the way! even from fishing vessels at sea! Never had a problem, because the first thing I do when I bild or buy a new to me boat is put a fitting and a spicket at the lowest place on the tank! Then I can take any water out of the tank and any algee also! Been working for me for over 40 years ! Never a problem I can't fix in 15 minutes at sea or at anchor! Just an old fishermans trick to save down time and years ago there were no tank cleaners anywhere !! Just a thought and it won't cost an arm or a leg to do !!
Old 28-01-2015, 14:09   #62
Marine Service Provider

Re: Good Diesel & Bad Diesel Poll

Fuel has more water in it today because the way Fuel is made today. The sludge you see in the tank and on filters is crude oil.
The crude oil develops in several different ways.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app
Mr Filter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, poll