Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-10-2020, 21:44   #46
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Woods Vardo 34 Cat
Re: Which multihull would YOU choose for mostly solo long distance cruising?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Magentawave I haven't seen exactly what you consider to be "on a budget". That could be anything from $5,000, $50,000 or $100,000.
I owned a Searunner 31, sailed it from Maui to Seattle. That was after the prior owners had sailed it from Santa Cruz to Tahiti and on to Maui. It was an incredibly capable boat and a joy to sail and live on. If you found a good one and after this many years it would be a rare find.
I have just been talking to the owner of what John Marples calls the best example of a CC 35 that has been built. It is the same boat featured in Jim Browns YouTube video of Good Enough.
Presently it's for sale in central Florida and remains well equipped. He's asking only $40,000.
That's a heck of a trip. Bruce the owner of Schrimshaw fantasized about sailing to Tahiti and I'd have to say after the passage from Panama this year, I'm glad I was on my Vardo cat and not a 31!

FYI when I was repairing the Irma mini tornado damage to scrimshaw there was a big project going on that CC 35. Don't recall if it was storm or rot related. Could for sure see myself owning that boat if I live in FL again.

Tags
cruising, hull, multihull