Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-07-2017, 15:19   #1

Boat: 2012 Lagoon 450
The Hell of it All!

Lets start a thread and share the hell we have been thru trying to buy a boat!. We are still in the process and when I think it cant get worse! Well you get the idea! We search the internet looking for the right boat for us. We are searching for a cat around 10 years old. We have flown to see boats and they show nothing like their photos. Hard to even find a real boat listed by a real broker at a real location.The last trip was a leeward island visit to a boat and upon the visit the generator would not flow water. I must say I never thought the broker would get dirty but after two days of him and I trying to get it running I was impressed. On top of no gen set. So no AC we continued. We decided to conduct a sea trial. next the VHF would not transmit. As we approached a bridge to exit the harbor a boat cut us off and we where forced to reveres hard. when the starboard sail drive would not engage we almost hit the bridge but last minute we got just a bit if thrust. Next the chart plotter crapped out. Then you will never believe it but the helm steering started to growl and was a rodeo to steer. then a grinding noise came from the stern steering cables or rudder. Wow what a Time. Seller says he will fix all issues! Lets see. Also the engine panels are not the hours stated by the seller and are no match. engine shows to have way more hours then panels or sellers statements. Why do I try so hard!
Builder G. is offline   Reply With Quote