Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2016, 03:57   #76

Boat: Comet 41s
Re: Neel 45 Trimaran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchero76 View Post
One boat with terrible quality and many (not one, two or five!) design mistakes on one boat, while all others are perfect? Wow, that must be a magic!
I'm watching this thread from the beginning. Seen all related videos. What I've never seen - any comments from manufacturer and any information how all other Neel owners resolved their quality problems.
In fact I find all this intriguing, not only the big problems on that boat but also other owners not reporting problems, the absence of comments from the manufacturer and the fact the boats being selling now better than never.

That's why some posts back I asked to owners to post about the absence or not of them on their boats and their level of satisfaction. Not many around here.
Polux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:36   #77

Boat: Pogo 10,50

Actually, the case with the incident has brought some additional checks and securities from Neel, and the hull failure was because of some mixing mistakes in the epoxy by a Neel subcontractor, who's insurance paid for the reparation. So maybe after that the angry owner has calmed down.
Also a Neel reseller was claiming that the damaged hull was indeed the one with a jet ski on it. Check SA for details.
CbroTheDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 08:45   #78

Quote:
One boat with terrible quality and many (not one, two or five!) design mistakes on one boat, while all others are perfect? Wow, that must be a magic!
I'm watching this thread from the beginning. Seen all related videos. What I've never seen - any comments from manufacturer and any information how all other Neel owners resolved their quality problems.

Check Polux's links to other magic cases like this one.. And it's hard to make any statistics considering the tiny number of units already built.
And you might learn that a Neel 45 came 2nd to the Barbados 50 achieving a 21+ kts top speed, plus some owners are now sharing their experience online.
Please, open your eyes before saying you can't see anything...
Old 09-12-2016, 10:31   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by CbroTheDude View Post
.. some owners are now sharing their experience online.
Links regarding that, please?
Old 09-12-2016, 14:07   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polux View Post
Links regarding that, please?
A specially, links where other owners share thoughts about Neel build quality and warranty handling.
ranchero76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:22   #81

This thread has comments from Nelia owner, the hull which came 2nd at Barbados 50 and there are those two at least:
https://youtu.be/3BfrLhojdqg
https://youtu.be/1d89Fz7f1Ic

Quote:
A specially, links where other owners share thoughts about Neel build quality and warranty handling.

Do you realise these might not be disclosed, the n13 rant was probably not a good idea legally speaking. And you should know with 20 hulls out this request doesn't even make sense.
And it's "especially"
Old 10-12-2016, 13:45   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by CbroTheDude View Post
This thread has comments from Nelia owner, the hull which came 2nd at Barbados 50 and there are those two at least:
https://youtu.be/3BfrLhojdqg
https://youtu.be/1d89Fz7f1Ic

Do you realise these might not be disclosed, the n13 rant was probably not a good idea legally speaking. And you should know with 20 hulls out this request doesn't even make sense.
And it's "especially"
The fact that Neel has won race or two tells NOTING about build quality. It only tells that it sails not bad. The videos you've provided - simply presentation videos. They tell NOTHING about any hidden issues.

Now please explain, how video, showing factory defects, can be "not a good idea legally speaking". This is literally BS.

Number of hulls made has nothing to do with quality either. Ford and Toyota make millions of cars, and yet some models have recalls from time to time due to factory defects.

"And it's "especially"".
How this is related to the subject? Are you English teacher? Then you're in wrong place, try to find "English for dummies" forum.

Oh yeah - it is "realize", not "realise", mr.Teacher.
Old 10-12-2016, 14:37   #83

Quote:
The fact that Neel has won race or two tells NOTING about build quality. It only tells that it sails not bad. .....

Number of hulls made has nothing to do with quality either. Ford and Toyota make millions of cars, and yet some models have recalls from time to time due to factory defects.
I agree with some things you have said but regarding this two points I have some divergences: the boat did not sail not bad, it sailed extremely well, being the fastest multihull by a big margin, beating the crap out of two Outremer 51, one of them well sailed (sailed at about the same pace of a Pogo 50).

Regarding the built quality if the brand is selling much more boats than before it is a bit strange that people buying the boats are not aware that several boats of the brand had problems (I have heard of only one with problems).

Anyway if the boats sold now have problems the brand success will be very limited since more boats will mean more problems. If he hear not more about problems on other Neal 45 and if they continue to be a sales success it will mean that this case was a lonely one, a lemon and not representative of the boat production: No boat model or brand can enjoy more than a short success if it turns out that the boats have significant problems, like the ones that had been presented to us.
Old 10-12-2016, 21:00   #84

Quote:
Regarding the built quality if the brand is selling much more boats than before it is a bit strange that people buying the boats are not aware that several boats of the brand had problems (I have heard of only one with problems).
There are the reasons why (any) boat owners might do not want to talk about problems with their boats. Some of them might solve problem (one way or another) and just forget about it (I'm such kind of person myself). Other guys might think that any information they provide will be available on Internet, and when time will come to sell their boat, this kind of information might scare buyers...

I should add that not just Neel, but also few other well known catamaran manufacturers are known for their terrible warranty support, and still, they build and sell many boats.

Quote:
Anyway if the boats sold now have problems the brand success will be very limited since more boats will mean more problems. If he hear not more about problems on other Neal 45 and if they continue to be a sales success it will mean that this case was a lonely one, a lemon and not representative of the boat production: No boat model or brand can enjoy more than a short success if it turns out that the boats have significant problems, like the ones that had been presented to us.
Yes, I agree with this, everything will be clarified...sooner or later

I personally like Neel 65, but it's price is out of reach by far, no wonder that only one in existence until now.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:04   #85

Quote:
...The videos you've provided - simply presentation videos. They tell NOTHING about any hidden issues.
True, when did I say I would provide you any of these? Just owners sharing their experience as Polux asked, even you said videos about sharing issues are probably never posted.... Did you really expect I would work to support you there?

Quote:
Now please explain, how video, showing factory defects, can be "not a good idea legally speaking". This is literally BS.
Over all of the reasons mentioned by you, if the support really is lacking from builder you probably want to go in a trial in which case giving infos on the internet thus to the people you attack is not clever.

Quote:
"And it's "especially"".
How this is related to the subject? Are you English teacher? Then you're in wrong place, try to find "English for dummies" forum.

Oh yeah - it is "realize", not "realise", mr.Teacher.

Don't take it personally, just being informative as looking for the meaning of a sentence when it doesn't exist in a language you barely speak is irritating.
Overall, I didn't wanted to trigger such rage (as shown by your many nonsense and contradiction) from you on a nice forum, so I'll add this to the many clever answers made by Polux in order to set things clear and on a better tone :-)
Old 17-03-2017, 09:31   #86

Boat: TBD

So, some time has passed -- is the Neel 45 still being produced? Has there been more information on whether the problems listed here are more of a one-off problem or systemic design problems? Have they been fixed in later models?

Edit: Answered the first one, they are still being produced, wondering if their quality issues are cleared up or ongoing.
Old 17-03-2017, 11:54   #87

Boat: a sailing boat

You can ask the boatyard by email.

If it is a serious business, they will be interested in transparency.

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2017, 12:43   #88

Boat: NEEL 45 #1

About the quality of neels 45 , i just bought hull number 1 and had it surveyed beforehand...no major problems... a bit of humidity on starboard as specified by someone else on this discussion but nothing major after 5 years of charter in the caribean...i can always give you the survey if someone doubts...( in french though)
beauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:44   #89

Boat: NEEL 45 #1

after 15 days in the caribean on MY neel 45 i can now give a better infos on the boat...if one wants to inquire.. but it can be summed up in a few words...GREAT BOAT SHITTY DETAILS...I LOVE IT
beauris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trimaran