Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-04-2019, 05:27   #16
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018
Re: Nautitech 47

Well , all my comments were related to the NEW 46. David has already a FP Marqueses from 2002 or 2003 in perfect shape and I assumed he would rather be interested with a NEW 46 rather than almost the same age Nautitech with his current boat.

Of course I know the old 47 but never sailed her and have no idea. I just heard that she sails faster than many other make and model, but that's all I know.
Hope this clarify..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2019, 06:11   #17

Boat: 2013 FP Lipari 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
Well , all my comments were related to the NEW 46. David has already a FP Marqueses from 2002 or 2003 in perfect shape and I assumed he would rather be interested with a NEW 46 rather than almost the same age Nautitech with his current boat.

Of course I know the old 47 but never sailed her and have no idea. I just heard that she sails faster than many other make and model, but that's all I know.
Hope this clarify..

Cheers

Yeloya
Hehehe, I should have known! I didn’t make that leap from old to new.

Best regards,
Lee
LeeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 13:36   #18

Hi,

Any more opinions on Nautitech 47? I am going to visit one in few days, so trying to find as much info online as possible. Not so many people are talking about this boat on CF. Any advice what to look for would help. Thanks.
Mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2019, 13:56   #19

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

I just know of this one boat that had some problems. I think the issue was the grid scored foam allowed water to seep through all those little cuts and saturated the core. This may have started due to incorrect sealing by the factory around hardware. Just check and make sure the core is dry.

Good luck, I think they are cool boats.
Old 17-09-2019, 15:54   #20

Boat: no boat any more

Martin Ernstbrunner is most certainly THE competent guy to ask, must at least have 100.000 multihulls-miles to his credit & now owns a N 47
Old 18-09-2019, 13:11   #21

Talking Re: Nautitech 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
Thought I'd try once more.

Does anyone have any experience with the Nautitech 47?
Hi sorry for the delay... i didn't see this till today.
We lived aboard a 47 for over a year. they are comfortable boats. Not best suited for live aboard, but really good for charter. Comfortable all around really. the cockpit was a bit light on air circulation if you were close to the cabin, but out on the aft deck it was good.
Nav station is well set up.
Galley is great, although walking around the island all the time was sort of a pain.
She sailed like a charm. we had 11 knots a few times in 16 or 16 knots of breeze in a flat sea.
Dinghy lift is a bit low.... but good otherwise.
let us know if you want any other info.
Kelly
SAILORKELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2019, 00:51   #22

Boat: NEEL 45 #1

for the sake of history...there 3 three generation of 47 (475/482) the first one built by dufour at the beginning of the 2000's is called the 475 and was built for the charter market. hulls are actually pretty fast and mast was shorten so as to be able to wear full mainsail as long as possible. then the catamaran business was sold to a new brand...nautitech which changed the name and interior design to 47..more or less the same boat...then about 5 years ago the 47 was improved and name changed to 482..they build 6 of those and believe you me..if you can lay your hand on one ..buy it!!! of performance wise the boat is an older design which means narrow hull and quite fast..i've met a few skippers and all were happy with the boat one even told me it was the fastest boat he skipped..and the lines are beautiful ( at least to me it still is the most beautiful cat around) so pros..fast, sleek well built cons older design not as liveable as more modern boats..
beauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 07:51   #23

Is Nautitech considered to be a ‘production’ brand or a ‘well built’ boat? I saw the Open 46 at Annapolis and it looked great, but I’d like to know if it has the build quality that results from hours of labor like a Privilege or an Outremer or similar low production brand. (For the purpose of this question, by production brand I mean boats built by the hundreds that use cheaper materials and techniques and will degrade quickly versus those that are crafted with attention towards longevity)
Shammi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 09:49   #24

i m afraid boats built by the hundreds usually lasts pretty well are seaworthy but not as fast as small production ones. by the way are you driving a zonda? ferrari? even a privilege while being a fantastically confortable boat is definitely not performance...boats are built lighter now than they were but all in all better built..and a lewmar or harken winch will still be a harken or lewmar hatch or winch...whatever the boat. now for the nautitech..the history of the brand is geared towards rental. that is the DNA of nautitech..somewhere between lagoon and FP when it comes to speed or quality. the 46 is a beautiful boat that i wouldn’t mind owning
Old 13-10-2019, 10:36   #25

can t seem to be able to correct that with my telephone so please read charter instead of rental
Old 13-10-2019, 10:47   #26
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Orana 2010, Hélia 2013, Catana C 47 2013, Nautitech 46 Fly 2018

Let's first agree on the fact that almost all of the cats have improved over the last decade on their build quality, some less, some more. Unfortunately, the prices went up more than their quality did..

Nauthitec 47 is a rather old modele and in terms of build quality she isn't any better than Lagoon or FP, but sails better. I haven't heard nor seen any N 47 with a structural problems.
To believe that small numbers of production will result in better quality is a blunder, we have seen Alibi, Gunboat, Outremer even Swan's with some
kind of problems.
What it matters is how well the boat is maintained..

Cheers

Yeloya
yeloya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2019, 10:58   #27

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand crab View Post
I just know of this one boat that had some problems. I think the issue was the grid scored foam allowed water to seep through all those little cuts and saturated the core. This may have started due to incorrect sealing by the factory around hardware. Just check and make sure the core is dry.

Good luck, I think they are cool boats.
Was that the mid 90s N475 that was for sale in Pacific NW last year? The pictures of the delamination were frightening! He had to take both hulls and the underside of the brigedeck down to the core and laminate an entirely new exterior all around. Absolutely massive amount, but since it wasn't 100% finished when he decided to sell, he had to sell for pennies on the dollar... Unfortunately it was still too many pennies for me or I'd now be the crazy new owner

Matt
Old 13-10-2019, 11:07   #28

Boat: Building a Max Cruise 44 hybrid electric cat

Yeah... Found it! Now this is my kind of project

YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale

Keep in mind that this is an old 475 and not the 47 the OP is talking about.

Matt
Old 13-10-2019, 12:37   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeloya View Post
Let's first agree on the fact that almost all of the cats have improved over the last decade on their build quality, some less, some more. Unfortunately, the prices went up more than their quality did..

Nauthitec 47 is a rather old modele and in terms of build quality she isn't any better than Lagoon or FP, but sails better. I haven't heard nor seen any N 47 with a structural problems.
To believe that small numbers of production will result in better quality is a blunder, we have seen Alibi, Gunboat, Outremer even Swan's with some
kind of problems.
What it matters is how well the boat is maintained..

Cheers

Yeloya
could not agree more as usual Yeloya has a very balanced opinion...for some reason i read 46 on previous post...but i m still a 47 lover
Old 15-10-2019, 07:16   #30

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

Quote:
Originally Posted by funjohnson View Post
Yeah... Found it! Now this is my kind of project

YachtWorld.com Boats and Yachts for Sale

Keep in mind that this is an old 475 and not the 47 the OP is talking about.

Matt
That's it. It was in Portland, Oregon I think. It was in one of the soldboat lists posted a while back also if you want to look.