Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-01-2020, 17:53   #31

Re: Nautitech 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantas View Post
Hi,

Any more opinions on Nautitech 47? I am going to visit one in few days, so trying to find as much info online as possible. Not so many people are talking about this boat on CF. Any advice what to look for would help. Thanks.
Hi Mantas,

I’m also considering one of the older generation 47’s. Just wondering how your viewing went? What were your impressions? Performance and build quality are my two main concerns too. I suspect performance will be somewhere between an older Lagoon and an older Outremer our Catana. Build quality... I’ve heard and read very mixed reviews. I haven’t been to see one yet but there at a free online that I’m watching. Took a look at a Catana 471 the other day and read surprised in a good way. I’ve never really liked how they look but she was the best boat I’ve viewed so far. Anyway, I digress, if you’ve got a minute please let me know about the Nautitech!

Thanks,,

Mike
Insolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2020, 23:45   #32

Boat: NEEL 45 #1

475 are dufour boat made for chartering which as always been ( in a good way) the 47 market. nautitech created with a shorter mast so you did not have to reduce sail often. it sails very well and i’m in love with the last iteration the 482 ( they made 6 of those 3 are or were in martinique)
beauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2020, 12:44   #33

Boat: Cal 29(Boston) Nautitech 441(Grenada)

After chartering a PDQ36, FP Athena, Lagoon 380, FP Lipari, and Nautitech Open 40, we had an idea of what we wanted in the Price/Performance/Comfort triangle. I figured Outremer to be more to the performance side of the equation than I wanted. I liked the older FP Belize and looked at a well cared for one, and I was really interested in a couple of Catana 42's which were in the price range. I did look at several Nautitech 40.2's, 441,442, and one 47. The 47 was just more boat than I wanted to sail with only my wife as crew. We settled on a 441, and are replacing the primary winch with a power winch to make it easier to handle. Other than that we were pleased with the performance and construction. The surveyor's opinion is that it was a well build boat and was not surprised to see it in very good condition after 8 years of charter. I did not see any significant difference in the build quality between the 441 and 47. I did note that the 40.2 that had a generator was sitting low in the stern due to the added weight. I doubt it would be a problem for a 47. I prefer the more vertical windows on my 441 than on the 47. Like the Catana we looked at the 47 had sloped windows that need to be covered from the tropical sun
CaptRehab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 20:18   #34
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Eleuthera 60

FWIW, we've been buddy boating with a family of 5 aboard a N47. The dad is a French delivery captain and charter captain. He tells the story that he delivered dozens of the big French cats across the Atlantic both ways, but when he finally delivered a Nautitech he bought one !!! The 542 is his favorite but too expensive for us normal folk...relatively.

I've spent lots of time aboard to inspect build, etc, and I would choose this vessel as my next cat. The price is right, it's lines are timeless and beautiful, and a major refit is very doable compared to a Lagoon, Leopard or FP since the build design is simple and not furniture layered inside a structure.

Versus a more perfomacne-oreiented cat I've been seeking, this does it all for me at a 1/4 of the price.

With a great paint job you'd be hard pressed to convince anyone it wasn't a new boat.

And her speed compared to my Lagoon 450...wow, yet her usable volume is not to far behind. We had dinner a month ago aboard the N47...4 adults and 9 kids. Space for all. My Lagoon 450F record is 10 adults and 15 kids...but never again !!! Ha !

I read the couch cruisers discussing living at anchor 90% of the time, blah, blah...that 10% is all that counts when making passage !! This doesn't apply to the few dockside live-aboards or charter crowd obviously.
sv Stella Maris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 03:01   #35

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds about what I expect for the boat, though I didn’t know they were particularly easier to maintain/refit than other production cats. I assumed they performed better than Lagoons but figured probably not by much. I agree 100% that sailing performance is very important even if it is only for 10% of the time. I also value safety and build quality (I too am a delivery and charter skipper). For that reason I’ve just made an offer on an older Outremer, but a Nauticat was on my shortlist.
Insolent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2020, 12:53   #36

I just got notification that this old forum post got new answers, so decided to share my experience as I bought Nautitech 47 this year and started to cruise and live on a boat 3 months ago. We are taking it slowly, just did around 800nm so far, but I am already in love with this boat. I have a background in sail racing on 28ft monohull, which I owed for 5 years, after that I was scared that cats will not sail good. Now I can tell that this Nautitech 47 is a true sailboat. In a strong wind anything will go, but low wind performance is what I like most of this boat. Today I did 20nm in winds of 6-7kn and I was going 1kn less than true wind speed with code0/genaker on a beam reach. And my boat is loaded with lots of stuff (washing machine, dishwasher, generator, watermaker, freezer, dinghy with 2 engines, solar 1000w, 10 Gel batteries, 3 anchors, 100m of chain, scuba, kites, surfboard, SUP, all the toys and much more stuff which we don't need ) and I still have an old mainsail (dacron - 10 years old) which I am planning to replace to square top in near future. So I think if you can keep this boat lighter and with good sails, you would go faster than TWS.
Regarding other things, I really like helm position as it is raised compared to Nautitech Open40/46, and while standing at the helm I see over the salon roof which gives me truly 360 view. Next, I like how low is the boom, I can work on a sail and step over the boom, it really maximizes sail area and keeps center low. Small salon roof of cours comes with the downside - I cannot stand under the sofa, as well I cannot stand in some parts of the boat hulls (I am 193cm). Regarding the storage space it is more than enough for family to live on a boat.
And for the end, I think that N47 is one of the best looking old cats (yes, N482 is better), totally agree on “timeless” lines and design, adding picture of ours. If someone is interested in more details about the boat, I am happy to help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AFD8D758-86B0-495D-A3A7-71F060306A1A.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	417.9 KB
ID:	223361  
Mantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 18:17   #37

After more than 5000 nm on Nautitech 47 I decided to start a youtube channel and upload videos how this boat sails. You will not see nice beaches and sunsets on this channel, but rather lots of sails, numbers, speeds, wind angles and sail plans. Hope someone will find this interesting and helpful if you are choosing Nautitech 47 as your next boat. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYf...sMOyhmWqtSFYQ/
Old 18-02-2024, 13:48   #38

Boat: Outremer 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantas View Post
After more than 5000 nm on Nautitech 47 I decided to start a youtube channel and upload videos how this boat sails. You will not see nice beaches and sunsets on this channel, but rather lots of sails, numbers, speeds, wind angles and sail plans. Hope someone will find this interesting and helpful if you are choosing Nautitech 47 as your next boat. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYf...sMOyhmWqtSFYQ/
I see your boat is for sale. Looks nice. Why are you selling?
Cayuse51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2024, 16:30   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayuse51 View Post
I see your boat is for sale. Looks nice. Why are you selling?
Hi, yes my beloved boat is for sale (https://www.yachtworld.com/yacht/200...ch-47-9258019/). And the reason for that is that we found out that boat life with two kids is too difficult
Old 11-03-2024, 20:51   #40

Hi, I think I would really like to buy your boat. We plan to live aboard with a 7yo, so would really value your insight. I come from a racing background and I love the lines on this boat and all of the upgrades you’ve made. We just discovered your boat tonight, so would like to figure out best next steps.
Courtney
Courtie9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2024, 04:24   #41

Boat: Lagoon 380

In many of the Catamaranscup.com in Greece we have seen Nautitech 47 taking part. They often do quite well. See results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	N47.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	435.8 KB
ID:	287633  
django37 is offline   Reply With Quote