Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 15-10-2015, 10:29   #1

Angry Lagoon 52, think twice before purchasing it

I am the owner of a new Lagoon 52 and which was the dream of my life, this dream is turning to a nightmare. At first, when i purchased the boat in Annapolis boatshow 2014 all the team, including my canadian broker were very friendly and explained to me that in case of issues with Lagoon boats, they have a lot of representatives all around the world and my first journey being in Med, they insisted, in Mediteranean sea, they had more representatives than anywhere else… I got the delivery of the boat in La Rochelle and there a lot of problems started with the options i had chosen, most of employees who were supposed to install these options were not working more than 2 hours a day or did not come when they were supposed to, the worst of all being the software company who works there ( POCHON ) they are just thieves and offers no service but charge the high price to instal things without taking care it works. At the end i started with a fortnight delay on my departure date and was charged full price by the marina to have wait for Lagoon service that most of time did not come.
After 6 months across med from la Rochelle to Portugal ( where the Lagoon broker is really very serious and involves in his job to try to get you out of the problems from a very poor quality building)
, i met almost all of the Lagoon brokers on my road, most of time i wasted a week to wait for parts that never arrived or not the good ones or … and of course had to pay for very expensive marinas in some places i had nothing to do but wait for some parts. From La rochelle i noticed a leak of oil on the transmission box on starboard, on the first maintenance, this leak was supposed to be fix by Lagoon employees. In fact not only hey did not fix anything but since a leak appeared on the port transmission box while the starboard started to swallow some sea water. Today, once again stuck sine a week in Mayorca to wait for a screen and the auto pilot that failed, i requested a survey from an acredited agent by Lloyds and what he discovered rally upsets me. After 3 pages of major defaults he noticed, he stopped his survey. I was supposed to participate to ARC + 2015, but the boat is in such a state, that i will most probaly have to cancel this participation. All my team mates will lose their flight tickets for the way back and i wonder how i will gat my boat in the caribs in a month or so when all the defaults will ( i hope ) have been fixed. The boat is still under warranty, but my broker says " lagoon does not answer to me " , my wife is so upset with all those troubles since the beginig that she considers leaving me on the boat to get back home in Montreal and i wonder myself what i am going to become stuck on this boat where a lot of things are dangerous and the finish was called by the expert a " friday afternoon boat"… If you consider purchasing a boat you will use only 2 weeks a year doing some circles in the BVI waters, this might be a good boat for you, but if you consider sailing for real with your lagoon, prepare for no sleep nights until you can sell it .
Frank A is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lagoon, purchasing