Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-07-2015, 20:54   #1

Boat: Gemini 105MC
Gemini Yahoo user group

As a Gemini 105MC owner, I've joined the group but I find the Yahoo Groups interface to be absolutely terrible. It really takes away from the usefulness of an otherwise good group.
SaltyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 05:26   #2

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'
Re: Gemini Yahoo user group

Agreed. It’s a treasure trove of information, though…indispensible, IMO.
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 05:41   #3

It's so bad that I posted a question yesterday and have no way of finding if I received a reply or not. I can't even find my original post. I know that there is a way to do it, but it should be much more user friendly than this.
Old 22-07-2015, 07:23   #4

There is occasional debate about switching to another site but there is so much useful info, it's hard to give it up and no way to easily migrate.

Do you get the daily email digest? That is probably the easiest way to see if there has been a response.

For older entries, someone does a summary text file (with thousands of entries). You can download it and use search functions in word.

It would be a money maker if Yahoo would provide a paid upgrade that saves all the old info. I'm sure the group would come up with a couple hundred per year if they added a decent interface.
valhalla360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 09:39   #5

Boat: Islander 32, shoal draft, tall rig

I am just about to be the owner of a Gemini 3200 and am interested in contacting other owners. Its in REALLY bad shape and will be a major refit.

This will be the forth boat i have resurrected from the dead. I am just finishing a 1979 islander 32.

Any info from any owners will be blessed and shared.

Thanks,
Harry
1oldbuzzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 09:55   #6

Boat: Gemini 105Mc 34'

Here's the Yahoo site address...you'll need to get approved: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...MxNDM3MjkyNzY2

When ever we head to the Bahamas, we also download all of it into Word so we can search and access the info whenever we need to – which is often when we don't have a cell connection.
Waterway Guide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2015, 17:04   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
There is occasional debate about switching to another site but there is so much useful info, it's hard to give it up and no way to easily migrate.

Do you get the daily email digest? That is probably the easiest way to see if there has been a response.

For older entries, someone does a summary text file (with thousands of entries). You can download it and use search functions in word.

It would be a money maker if Yahoo would provide a paid upgrade that saves all the old info. I'm sure the group would come up with a couple hundred per year if they added a decent interface.
Thanks Valhalla, I'll try those suggestions.
I can see there is lots of really good information but I'm having a hard time finding and sorting as well as the wonky way it displays threads. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually but in this day and age it should be much more user friendly.
Old 22-07-2015, 20:01   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by valhalla360 View Post
There is an owners group called Gemini Gems that cost $40 to join. Does anyone have any experience with it? Is it worth the cost?
Old 01-01-2018, 18:37   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyB View Post
As a Gemini 105MC owner, I've joined the group but I find the Yahoo Groups interface to be absolutely terrible. It really takes away from the usefulness of an otherwise good group.
To put it mildly, the interphase sucks.
A moron could have done a better job IMHO.
Drmanso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gemini