Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > The Fleet > Multihull Sailboats
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-06-2018, 13:49   #11

Re: Catamarans Lost South Of Equ. Over Past Years

There was a wrecked catamaran on Fouquet Island in Salomon Atoll in the Chagos Archipelago when I was there in 2014. I can't remember what it looked like except that it was white. It was kind of beached and looked like it wasn't going anywhere, but it is just possible that someone decided to tow it outside the reef and then the ocean currents could have taken it around the cape. There was a story around this wreck, but I can't remember it now.

[As a former lawyer, the OP is absolutely correct that he needed permission to publish the photos.]

Back in 2014 there was an Indian Ocean crossing facebook group, private because of the piracy risk in crossing this ocean. If the group still exists, they have probably heard of any wrecks in this area in the past few years. Let me know if you want me to ask cruisers who passed through in 2015.

Good on you for trying to track this wreck down. Some poor family out there might appreciate the opportunity to know what happened to their missing loved ones.
SailingMum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catamaran, lost